Thread: allotments

katiej35 is offline Member

Default allotments

Hi, probably a silly question, but, do they have allottments in NZ?

e.g. plots of land to rent for growing stuff :0)

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

Default allotments

They're called 'Farms'! Just kidding..

There are some places that I've seen as allotments, but I wouldnt know if they were rentable or if they were owned. I dont think the allotment thing is a big thing here as, depending where you live, you've usually got enough of a garden to dedicate to growing stuff if the mood takes you.
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Default allotments

I wouldn't imagine there'd be much in the way of space for allotments in the cities and suburbs if that's where you're thinking of heading. From what I hear of Auckland, anyway, the houses generally have tiny gardens as the plots have been subdivided to within an inch of their lives and built on. Further out from the city centres you could be lucky enough to get a place with a sizeable garden, as Taffy says.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

LilAmy is offline God like figure

Default allotments

Hello,

My friends just grow all their veg etc in their own garden, as MB and Taffy say the gardens out there are massive usually and you have plenty of space to grow things in there.

Just a thought but you may want to contact some rental agencies who'd probably be able to give you some advice and tell you who to speak too?