Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: We've booked the flights

TheWaters is offline Senior Member

Default We've booked the flights

Oh beep, oh beep, oh beep....

We've booked our flights on 20th July with Air New Zealand. Just told boss leaving before end of contract. Gotta tell parents tonight. We feel sick and terrified and excited and lotsa other stuff too.

Now got 8 weeks to pack house, store stuff, sell stuff arrange everything and work out what to do with my beloved fluffy babies (if I think about it too much I will cry and wanna cancel everything :icon_sad: )

We applied for WHV online on Tues eve but couldn't pay due to tech diffs. Paid last night boput 7pm and by 10pm had visa's via email. Speedy!!!

Well I better pack some stuff. Speak soon.

xx :icon_eek:

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

We booked our flights as well, only they are back to the UK [img:4e8396c7d9]http://www.invision.smileyville.net/smilies/sad%20(23).gif[/img:4e8396c7d9]. Only an obligatory 2-week visit though, thank goodness.

Good luck with it all, Helen, especially the parents. Let us know how it went.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

LilAmy is offline God like figure

Congratulations!

You must be feeling so hyper...the time will fly in before you know it you'll be walking through customs entering NZ.

What Visa did you go for was it the 12 month one? That is so quick!

Your folks will be so happy for you but so sad at the same time, my folks have known since New Year that we're going when the house sells and now it all seems to be hitting them and as much as they're happy for us and know it will be a good experience they cant help but want us to stay (or to come with us!!!)

Did they know you were planning this? I bet you'll have had a few drinks or three tonight with them.

I'd like to say I'll have a drink to celebrate tonight for you but we're detoxing as we have our medicals for our WHV on Monday....

Not quite sure how we are feeling at the mo. goin on a 12mth and decided we can extend if we want when we are out there. Think we feel mainly terrified at the mo (good terrified). Got sooo much to do even without selling house to worry about. Devestated about the dogs.

We told all parents in Jan we were thinking of going as a house purchase had just fallen through to Cornwall. Then when I was made redundant a few weeks ago we told them we were thinking of WHV rather than PR.

Anyway just told mine and not quite sure how they took it. We live in Kent and they live in Oxford so was horrible to have to do it over the phone. They know it is the best thing for us but they still gonna feel heartbroken and we still gonna feel like we're abandoning them. We are both only children and Mike's ma is a widow so pressure much but they know we gotta do wot we gotta do.

Also just told me two best friends from way back when, one of which I will be missing her wedding but what can you do?!?

Good luck with the ol medical.

And MB sorry u gotta come back to blighty but we might have better weather by then. :006:

I know how you feel about your dogs, at the end of last year I had to rehome my Rabbit cos of the move and at the time we had planned to take Fergus, our Boxer puppy to NZ with us.

In about February time we decided it wasn't fair to take our pooch with us and adopted him out to the Boxer Welfare in Scotland a week before my Birthday.

It's a really heart breaking thing to do, I was devasted, it's taken us a while to get over it and we think of the wee lad every day and I still have tears about him but we both know it was the right thing to do and trust me it does get easier (she says as her eyes fill up with tears talking about it) but honestly it does get easier.

Do you have a home for your pooches?

Re your Visa's we wanted to do the 12 month one to start with too but I married an old foggie :icon_lol: and he's 31 in Oct so we wouldnt be able to extend or visa, or should I say he wouldn't I'd be just fine tee hee so instead of restricting ourselves to 12 months initially we decided to do the 23 month.

I bet you're all over the place at the moment, tomorrow will be easier as the news will have sunk into everyone. Are you getting any visitors from friends/family when you go out?

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

[quote:c671d63f7f="Lil Amy"]I'd like to say I'll have a drink to celebrate tonight for you but we're detoxing as we have our medicals for our WHV on Monday....[/quote:c671d63f7f]

Best wishes for the medicals Amy. Hope you both fly through them. :icon_biggrin:
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Thanks MB,

I'm getting nerrvous about them now, more so incase they find anything wrong with us as we think we're pretty healthy.

I also hate needles and am dreading the blood test, looks like they test for everything...

Fingers crossed for Monday!

stndrd is offline Member

Wonderful news!

It's great to see everyone is so pro-active on this board, it makes us feel somewhat more sane in what were about to do just knowing that others are being so bold and doing the same thing!

-Brian & April

Well we have calmed down now and are actually feeling really rather excited! :026: [smilie=joyous.gif] [smilie=egyptian dance.gif]

Only feel a bit queasy now when we think of all the things to do in the next 7 weeks and 5 days!

Lil Amy, we do feel heart broken about the dogs and at the mo don't know where they will go. We may have to split them up but that way we could get them to people we know and people who have dogs. Not sure yet. Every time we talk about it I well up.

We seem to have done this very fast. Although we have been talking about it on and off for bout 2 yrs we only decided we were definately going to go for it on monday, applied tueday, paid wednesday ((and accepted in 3hrs) and booked flights on thurs and still only saturday now. We must be crazy or something.

I have to work today but Mike with his mum today and breaking the news as we speak. We have already handed in notice, told land lord and told DVLA and Student loans co.

Gonna need a rest when we get there.

Anyway enough of a ramble from me (again) :006:

SteveyC is offline Right Royal Pain In The Posterior

Hi mate

Congrats on getting it all started, good luck with it all. How much did you pay for flights? Who with? Interested as loads of friends and family are asking me now.

Well done.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast