Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DVDs on New Zealand

tottefan is offline Senior Member

Default DVDs on New Zealand

Does anyone recommend a DVD on New Zealand? I want one which preferably shows off the wonderful scenery and some of the places. Any suggestions?

Tottefan.

katiej35 is offline Member

Hi, try looking for New Zealand video tours, I have 2 by then one which goes around all the different counties in NZ and another about natural wonders.

I got mine from amazon but the website on the box is www.nzvt.co.nz

Thanks for that. :icon_biggrin:

Tottefan

I ordered Coast to Coast on amazon. Should make for interesting viewing, especially as I've got a much longer wait than most people on here (2 years).

Tottefan.

Hi tottefan, we loved Billy Connelly's NZ dvd, word of advice though, if you have small people, watch it with the sound turnd down or they'll be cursing like good uns!!

Yeah, a few people have recommended that on another site. I don't have any children so I don't mind if the humour/language is a bit risque. :icon_biggrin: I'll add that one to my collection as well.

Thanks for the advice everyone. :icon_biggrin:

Tottefan.

selchie is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

Well, Lord of the Rings does feature a lot of NZ scenery, even though it's playing Middle Earth. We recently rewatched the whole thing, and I allowed myself to do some sightseeing rather than watching the action.
    If men had wings and bore black feathers, few of them would be clever enough to be crows.
    - Rev. Henry Ward Beecher, mid-1800s

NickampJacky Guest

I can recommend Whale Rider - not much of a tour-de-force of NZ scenery, but it gives a good insite into Maori life and beliefs.

Cheers

Nick

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

[quote:949a4c5410="selchie"]Well, Lord of the Rings does feature a lot of NZ scenery, even though it's playing Middle Earth. We recently rewatched the whole thing, and I allowed myself to do some sightseeing rather than watching the action.[/quote:949a4c5410]

I did the same thing but, even the second time around, I thought the scenery looked very gloomy and depressing, which I suppose it had to to fit in with the storyline. I certainly didn?t think it showed the NZ countryside to its best advantage. If that had been my total exposure to NZ scenery, I think I would have stayed at home. 'Bleak' is the word I'd use.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Really MB - I must say I'm surprised. :icon_eek: I always thought that the scenery in LOTR was pretty spectacular. I know most of it is mountain scenery, and it gets progressively darker and gloomier as the trilogy draws to a conclusion, but I still thought it was very aesthetically pleasing.

Tottefan.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast