Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Money Transfer agents

SteveyC is offline Right Royal Pain In The Posterior

Default Money Transfer agents

I just opened a trading facility with Moneycorp who were very helpful, but tried to with HIFX and they wanted me to send back forms as well as a passport copy and a recent utility bill, on top of this they wanted my photo authenticated by someone not in the family??

What the hell is all that about, they're never gonna see me so what good is a picture, and as for verifying my address surely the bank accounts between which I'm transferring funds would have already done this, why do they require all this information and if they don genuinely need it, why haven't moneycorp asked for it?

Just thoughts, all seemed a bit strange and kind of doesn't help when I'm already unimpressed by HIFX. The lady said "that's not a problem" far too much as well. Grrr

Glenda is offline All Knowing Deity

This is getting so common now, and not just for opening money transfer accounts. Our solicitor's firm in the UK are so used to requests to certify photocopies of passports that it is now their receptionist's job to check the copy against the passport, stamp and initial it. (Free to clients.)

:icon_neutral:
    Glenda
    In NZ since June 2005
    Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness - Chinese proverb

NickampJacky Guest

Stevey - i reckon its all to do with money laundering etc. But your right....whats it all about.......

Also Moneycorps emails are worth the while too.

Reckon we might edge towards moneycorp also

Cheers

Nick

Yeah figured it was something like that, but why don't moneycorp do it. Like you tho, the service has been so much better from Moneycorp thus far, those emails are really informative as well. Spoke to them yesterday and on 9k they'd offer 2.5c below the BBC publoshed rate at the time on 10k however there was quite a surprising improvement of 0.9c.

That was what I was getting at, when I initially compared the two when talking about the Expo in March. They just had more in depth analysis and info backing up their predictions when frankly HIFX didn't offer anything other than vagueness. They've started sending me about 6 duplicates of there daily notification also. Just seems a less professional, I know others have found them very good tho. Gotta set up a NZ bank account incase I lock into 2.85 if it carries on rising this week.

NickampJacky Guest

stevey

We are going to trade ?10k when it gets to $2.90. Its the proceeds from our touring caravan & the camper vans we have ear marked are going for $29,500. So we are edging on at least a $500 cash discount and we will be sorted with wheels and a home for our first to weeks.

Cheers

Nick

You sure it's gonna get to 2.90? Hope it does for you, that'd be cool. Don't think it's gonna in time for me tho. Here's hoping tho.

bikershaz is offline Member

Hi,

Just wanted to say when we moved to Spain nearly 2 years ago, we used Moneycorp and they were great.

We would use them again, if that helps.

Shaz

NickampJacky Guest

Stevey

?/$ has it $3.03 this morning on the bbc website. By my reconning a trade with HIFX or moneycorp then would have netted $3 easily! Have you traded yet? I hope you havent!

Long may the rise continue for all us pre-kiwis!!

cheers

Nick

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

[img:3a8d8ac2e0]http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_2_200v.gif[/img:3a8d8ac2e0]

We transferred some in mid April and it's one of those situations where we just didn't know if it'd continue to go up or would fall again. Ah well, some you win, some you lose. Next time, maybe.

All that waiting to get to NZ is now paying off, Stevey.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Julian is offline Member

I transfered monies on 10th and got 2.97 with ASB.
    Brilliant!
    It would be great to get something in this region, when I come to sell the house.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast