Thread: What documents to take??

Maggiemoo is offline Senior Member
    Salisbury UK (was Tauranga NZ from 06/06 to 05/07)

Default What documents to take??

Just been reading through more of the NZIS site and came across the page entitled "Personal and Travel Documents". I was just wondering how vital some of these documents are: do we really need to get credit references done (presumably Experian type ones) and would we actually be able to take our medical/dental records with us. I would be interested to know whether others have taken them and whether they are in fact vital docs to take out?

Cheers

Maggie

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Does it actually say you must take this kind of document with you or merely recommend that you do? I would imagine they could come in handy for certain situations. If you ever need credit in NZ a clean bill of financial health from the UK could open doors for you.

I know you can view your Medical Records, but not sure if they would photocopy them for you if requested. If you have any medical history of note, it?s always useful for a new doctor to have background information and also for you to refresh your memory about your own medical issues if asked.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Maggiemoo is offline Senior Member
    Salisbury UK (was Tauranga NZ from 06/06 to 05/07)

Hi Mother Bear

The exact words are

"Bring personal documents in your hand luggage. These are documents that you need to bring:

birth certificate for you and your family members
    academic qualifications
    marriage certificate if applicable
    references from previous employers
    curriculum vitae
    credit references
    international driver's licence
    medical and dental records for you and your family members"

So it doesn't say we MUST bring them, but certainly seems to imply that - would be good to know who did or didn't take all those things over with them.

Maggie

selchie is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

I wonder if "credit references" could simply be having credit information like bank & credit account numbers, utility bills, etc. Having recent copies of statements and bills could be handy. In the US you can access your credit report, and can authorize others (e.g. potential landlords) to access it as well. Is there something like that in the UK?

I'd think that if you can't get copies of your medical records (which people in the US should), write down as much info as you can on your vaccinations, major illnesses and injuries, medicine use, allergies, previous physicians, etc. It would probably be good to keep (and update!) that kind of info anyway - an easy reference sheet. I know that (US) doctors ask for a lot of this info from new patients, and health insurers do too.
    If men had wings and bore black feathers, few of them would be clever enough to be crows.
    - Rev. Henry Ward Beecher, mid-1800s

nattydread is offline God like figure

I wonder if "credit references" could simply be having credit information like bank & credit account numbers, utility bills, etc. Having recent copies of statements and bills could be handy. In the US you can access your credit report, and can authorize others (e.g. potential landlords) to access it as well. Is there something like that in the UK?
    lets hope so selchie,
    with less than a week to go we've sh1t it for getting anything proper sorted..

Pulsarblu is offline God like figure

Bring personal documents in your hand luggage. These are documents that you need to bring:

birth certificate for you and your family members
    academic qualifications
    marriage certificate if applicable
    references from previous employers
    curriculum vitae
    credit references
    international driver's licence
    medical and dental records for you and your family members"
    Well, obviously you would want these documents to stay close to you just in case you need them, don't pack them into your shipment. Some of these docs are irreplaceable so bringing them along with u in the hand luggage is the best choice.