Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Things going as planned

BruceampGill is offline Member

Default Things going as planned

Just thought I would update everyone on my progress. Last time I think I said I had booked my tickets. Well, I am now in Auckland (7 weeks ), applied for 15 jobs, one interview which led to a job offer...yahoo!! Work permit application went in last friday so just have to wait a while.. up to 5 weeks they say Phew!!

Have a slight worry on my blood test as one of the liver function tests was a bit high ( a few too many beers the night before!) so I recommend total abstinence before giving bloods... be warned. Anyway, hopefully it wont be a problem. I will let you all know.

Just looking around now for where to buy a house. The job is in East Tamaki so I amm looking around Howick, Bucklands Beach etc and (I will whisper) Manurewa!!

Also thought Onehunga may be an option... any pointers appreciated.

Thats all for now good luck everyone

Bruce

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Great news on the job offer, Bruce. Well done.

Thought work permits came through quite quickly, as they were keen to get you working. Let's hope, in your case, that they do come through soon. Good luck with the new job. Hope it suits you well.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

nattydread is offline God like figure

nice one Bruce, good on you for the job..

I know where you're coming from with the bloods..
    I just sneaked through with mine..

DawnMarron is offline Oh Masterful One

Did you go out on a visitors visa then Bruce? Do you have kids? We're wondering whether to just chuck everything in, go and then find work out there. Was talkin to sum people at this expo on Sunday and she said I would find it really hard to find work with what i do without actually bein there. I had thought as much but hearin it is a little disheartening.

selchie is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

Well, you could forge ahead and job hunt, and family could pack up and follow when you get settled. Or go over on a lengthy holiday, and arrange to have your belongings shipped after you settle. I'm thinking of shipping my bread-winner off to job hunt soon. Packing might actually be easier on my own - I can pitch all her junk when she's not looking! :icon_wink:
    If men had wings and bore black feathers, few of them would be clever enough to be crows.
    - Rev. Henry Ward Beecher, mid-1800s

Pulsarblu is offline God like figure

Wonderful!!! Good luck on the new job! Good luck to my job search too!!

DawnMarron is offline Oh Masterful One

Well, you could forge ahead and job hunt, and family could pack up and follow when you get settled. Or go over on a lengthy holiday, and arrange to have your belongings shipped after you settle. I'm thinking of shipping my bread-winner off to job hunt soon. Packing might actually be easier on my own - I can pitch all her junk when she's not looking! ;)
    I couldn't go and leave my kids not knowing when I would see them again. I need to be able to touch them everyday the way I need air to breathe. That is just simply not an option. Not for me. :'(

SteveyC is offline Right Royal Pain In The Posterior

Same here, couldn't bear it!! Would be quite practical tho but, hey some things just don't need to be practical. Besides as we've both never been before it would be unfair for one of us to experience the inital adventure before the other. Besides the kids are gonna be a NIGHTMARE on the flight so could do with me really :D

Well guys, all I can say is, that if you are serious andreally want to start a new life in NZ then there will be times when you have to make these big decisions which may upset the family balance!

I have been here 7 weeks on my own now but am very lucky to have family to stay with. My wife and daughter are used to me being away for extended periods so this is not such a huge issue for me. Of course there is now a light at the end of the tunnel as I am waiting for my WP to be issued and we have a whole lot of fun to look forward to when we are together again!

I have picked out the boat I WILL be getting! and I have looked around some properties to get an idea of what we could get for our money. The way we see it is that there is no point in moving here if all we do is work and stay in the house etc, for us it is meant to be a total lifestyle change and we fully intend to take advantage of the fantastic outdoor opportunities here (especially a boat!!!)

I have submitted my EOI now with 115 points and my job offer and am looking forward to hearing some great news hopefully pretty soon. I have seen other threads talking about timescales for PR and it can be anything from a month or so to a couple of years!!!

If I can offer any advice or answer any questions then feel free to PM me.

Ta Ta

Bruce

Default Wow!

Holy@#$&*( batman

I have just been on to the NZIS web site and I have been selected from the pool already!! (115 points with job offer currently stayin in NZ)

I only put the thing in 2 days ago... I really cannot believe it. I have to wait for some preliminary checks then hope for an ITA.

Happy Days

Bruce

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast