Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Excitement looms

macfod is offline Oh Masterful One

Default Excitement looms

Well, fingers crossed it looks like we on on to start our journey the end on April now,
    Once we have sold the house we will tour for 4/5 months through Asia before finally reaching our end destination during September- New Zealand!

Once we are there we plan to look to open our own business in Dunedin.

So, still to finalise who to use for removals to ship our goods but it looks like Bargate.

We havent the visa's sorted yet but will do over the coming weeks.

We are just going to take the chance and land in NZ and then spend the six months on our visitors visa's talking and looking at starting up as it may be more difficult to get jobs..
    So, any pointers from anyone on the forum to add to our things to do list.
    We will arrive in Auckland via Oz and work our way down after collecting our wamer cloths we plan to ship over to be waiting for us when we arrive..
    Gosh, its getting exciting now.

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Default Excitement looms

Getting close now Macfod. Good luck with it all. I?m sure you?ll be able to settle yourselves in well ?down below?.

How did the Dubai/Oman trip go over Christmas? Weather has been good to us this winter with only 2 sessions of torrential rain so far, apart from a few odd drops at other times. Just been sent some photos of SNOW here in the mountains. Didn?t think they had snow below Jordan. Getting a bit close for comfort. :icon_eek:

[img:21f1b0f4ee]http://www.movetonz.org/pics/Motherbear_SnowinOman.jpg[/img:21f1b0f4ee]
    [img:21f1b0f4ee]http://www.movetonz.org/pics/Motherbear_SnowinOman4.jpg[/img:21f1b0f4ee]
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Default we went

Hi Mother Bear

Yes, we had a great time in Dubai and Abu Dhabu with my wifes kids out there.
    But, the highlight as always was our diving and we went north into Oman to Mussandam looking for whale sharks.
    And we did get caught out by the colder sea and temperatures up there but we had a great 5 days on the boat with ex pats on the same trip.

We are spending the first two weeks in Dubai when we start our travels the end of April so at last some warmer weather away from cold uk.

Default I hate the uk even more now!

dumn and blast.
    Supposed to exchange contracts tommorrow and the buyer has just pulled out at the last minute.
    so annoying , cost me money in legal fees and we've lost out tenants that we had in and even more the delay on arriving in NZ. GRRRRRRRRRRRR
    So, angry :icon_twisted: :icon_evil:

SteveyC is offline Right Royal Pain In The Posterior

Default Excitement looms

Ahhhh no way chap. That is soooo sad, why is that happening all the time in the UK!! Can't you get a no move no fee solicitor, mine wasn't supposed to be but they said it was ok as long as house was on market. HAve you already handed over the cash?

Why did they pull out if I can ask, defnitely all fallen through then no hope of ressurrection?

I feel so bad for you having had a similar thing but I wasn't that close to exchange, the next day??? Jeez.

You just feel sick eh.

So sorry mate, keep your chin up the house is obviously saleable.

Default so annoyed

its an elderly lady that had decided its too big for her and needs work doing which she now doesnt want to know.

Its the fact we were supposed to exchange and it cost me money and I had already read the riot to the agents as I found out they stopped taking viewings on it three weeks ago and stuck Sold ( Not subject to contract even) on the board,
    My tenants are now moving out in two weeks so I lose them and rent also.

And the agents were charging me 2.25% for nothing apart from internet activity and showing people the house.

I'm gutted as we were half packed and half booked ready to go.
    but , alas life is tough and our laws in the Uk mean I can do anything about it. :icon_sad:

Default Excitement looms

JEEZ 2.25% I'm paying 1% on my house. Maybe it's a value thing, mines only 111k.

Nightmare. What a stupid thing to do tho, go all that way then pull out. The laws here are bobbins tho, such a rigmarole.

Default Excitement looms

work out the sums on ?385k at 2.25 -- lots of dosh for what

Default Excitement looms

Wounded mate. Did you have any otehr people in pipeline before they took it off the market. Get the Agent to ring round all viewers who were undecided before the offer and see if there is interest. Gotta try and get some work out of them, for your money.

Thoughts and Prayers fella. :icon_sad:

Default got the t shirt

yep, already read the riot act and asked them to get back to me with what they are going to do in the next 24 hours and already got another agent coming round in the morning.

The agents that were supposed to have sold it had put people off viewing it for the past three weeks.
    AND PUT SOLD UP AGAINST MY WISHES!

But, we let it and our tenants that we gave notice to quit the end of March didnt tell us/... ah well all hands on deck and I will have to be more ruthless and keep legs crossed for a quick sale, its just cost me two grand though already !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast