Thread: THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

Julian is offline Member

Default THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

Mostly, you only get to hear of the complaints that people make, whatever the subject may be.

But what about the dedicated people who frequently, if not daily, give up free time to provide this site with genuine comments and help?

From me to you - A BIG THANK YOU :041:

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Default Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!

How nice to read that, Julian. Good to hear from a satisfied 'customer' and, on behalf of all our providers of 'genuine comments and help', may I, in return, extend a big 'thank you' back to you for taking the time to make this post.

:Clapping:
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Pulsarblu is offline God like figure

I must said this forum has the most "human" feeling..

When questions were posted, we got genuine answers that were painstaking researched even though many, in fact all of us are not subject experts. This virtue alone itself is worth it. You do not even get that much details from those so called immigration agencies or even the case officer from NZIS. What we have here is unity and everyone know unity is strength.

pulsarblu

Daisyspop is offline Senior Member

I belong to another forum also. It must be said that although said forum receives incredibly heavy traffic, compared to this one, this is by far the best.
    On the other forum any dissent is met with vociferous and often abusive comment, usually brief and to the point. On that forum I am therefore loth to enter any contentious debate for fear of such response and find that my contributions become more banal and trivial by the day. Some people respond to my comments on the situation with sympathy and, I am sure, most members agree with what I say, but have the same reasons for not supporting me in public. They confine their agreement largely to the use of p.m.
    On this site no-one has ever behaved in less than polite and, sometimes when I am in a tetchy mood (goes with the age I'm afraid), conciliatory response. Hats off to everybody - and thank you for providing a platform for sane, intelligent and informative debate.

Blog Entries

Such a pleasant response to the forum, thank you Daisyspop. This forum is much smaller than others and replies are sometimes longer in coming, but it's one way of getting information presented in a (usually) civilised manner and without having to wade through heaps of topics and posts to get to it (not that having a large response is at all bad, just time consuming if you don't have the time to read it all). Shame we don't have more still-active members who are already in and spread throughout NZ who could help with information gathering, as their knowledge is worth much more than that of the likes of myself who discovers things through research rather than real life experience. Those that are still active on here, having previously made the move, are doing a sterling job and help to keep the forum alive. Many thanks to you and thanks also to those currently going through the process who are sharing their experiences. :Declare:
    Mother Bear

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

We are talking about this forum, aren't we? Polite? Sane? :Titter:

Makes you wonder though, if this is the most civilised forum, why do most people prefer the highly populated war zones?!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy
    Makes you wonder though, if this is the most civilised forum, why do most people prefer the highly populated war zones?!
    In the bad old days when they had National Service and the young people went off to war, that served to give them their adrenaline/fear fix. Now, without that, they venture into another type of war zone, the cyber war zone, and get blasted to pieces on there instead.
    Mother Bear

Daisyspop is offline Senior Member

The simple answer is that some people actually enjoy an argument rather than a debate. If the discussion were 'live' there is no doubt in my mind that they would all too often end in a punch-up. This seems to me to reflect current attitudes prevalent among some generations in the UK. Perhaps it is the stressful nature of life that we do not experience here to the same degree. It occurs to me as I am writing that the main offenders are not currently living in NZ. Paradoxically as soon as one offender goes off in a huff they are immediately replaced by another who is just as petulant and vociferous.
    I have reminded the forum, several times over the past year ,that it was created to help would be immigrants. If I were in that position I would not bother to stick around for very long.

Blog Entries

The best way to deal with offenders would be to simply ignore them. A fire needs oxygen to burn brightly and, without that, it soon dies down. Trouble arises when you get another like-minded member who rises to the bait because, as you point out Daisyspop, some people just seem to thrive on aggression and muddying the waters, more so because they are anonymous and feel they can get away with more. Unfortunately some innocent parties often get caught up in it. The key is to spot the trouble-makers and talk around them. Without fuel for their fire, they will soon burn out.

I'm sure psychologists would find these fiery outbursts very interesting.
    Mother Bear