Thread: Landrovers anyone??

Pulsarblu is offline God like figure

Default Landrovers anyone??

[b:c73280b0f7]Army Landrovers in big demand [/b:c73280b0f7]

21.02.06 5.00am

The queues of buyers are already forming as the Army prepares the first batch of surplus Landrovers to go on the market.

The army is replacing about 300 petrol-powered Landrovers with its new Pinzgauer truck and Nissan Navara light operational vehicle.

A handful of the fleet have already been sold but they were not operational and did not attract a lot of interest.

In April the Army will sell about 100 Landrovers at auctions at the Burnham and Linton Army camps and the sales had attracted "a tremendous amount of interest", said the Army's assistant chief of general staff, Colonel Peter Cunningham.

The V8 Landrovers were bought in the early 1980s.

nattydread is offline God like figure

Default Re: Landrovers anyone??

[quote:fb510a6a0e="Pulsarblu"][b:fb510a6a0e]Army Landrovers in big demand [/b:fb510a6a0e]

21.02.06 5.00am

The queues of buyers are already forming as the Army prepares the first batch of surplus Landrovers to go on the market.

The army is replacing about 300 petrol-powered Landrovers with its new Pinzgauer truck and Nissan Navara light operational vehicle.

A handful of the fleet have already been sold but they were not operational and did not attract a lot of interest.

In April the Army will sell about 100 Landrovers at auctions at the Burnham and Linton Army camps and the sales had attracted "a tremendous amount of interest", said the Army's assistant chief of general staff, Colonel Peter Cunningham.

The V8 Landrovers were bought in the early 1980s.[/quote:fb510a6a0e]

Blasphemy.. Absolute Blasphemy..

Put me down for all of them, and I'll start another army and it'll be a better army as well..
    Nissans instead of Landrovers indeed..

They're having a laugh..
    Seriously though, any ideas of any contact details Pulsarblu??

Pulsarblu is offline God like figure

haha! I hope I do have the contact as I love Landrovers. I think you can find out the contacts for Burnham and Linton army camps.

But please do not drive a tank there for they may mistaken you to start a war.. :icon_biggrin:

pulsarblu

NickampJacky Guest

Land rovers are bullet proof though (not literally though), my father in law drove on into a dutch canal when he was drunk in 1967, him & his mates dragged it out with a tractor, changed the fuel, dried the electrics and it fired up again. It did stink for a while though apparently.

Apparently Nissan Navara's can go as fast in reverse as they can forward, the japanese designed this feature into potential military vehicles after world war two, taking a leaf from the retreating Italians handbook during the Allied assault on Mussolini in 1944.

driver is offline Member

Oh please don't talk about Land Rovers, :icon_cry:
    I had to sell mine in January because our move was imminent, she was gorgeous SWB Def 90 over 20yrs old and a rare one, with roll cage and spot lights and all the gear. I loved it. We sold it, then the house sale fell through and I now have a space on my drive. :icon_evil: Very fed up that she's gone, I hope they have one left for me. :icon_confused:

nattydread is offline God like figure

sorry to hear that driver..

did you look into importing it into new zealand?

driver is offline Member

We did a bit, but didn't think it would ever pass any of the checks. I'm afraid i loved her more than the rest of the family so had to let her go.
    I reckon if we'd tried any kind of steam cleaner on it, it would have fallen to pieces. :icon_eek:
    She's with a new owner now who absolutely adores her and has spent tons of money on her making her look even better than when we had her.
    I'd love another one, one day, maybe if we get there by April I'll check out the auction. The old one started off life as an army one funnily enough.