Thread: Back on Radar at last

fisheress is offline Senior Member

Default Back on Radar at last

Heeeelllllooooo! It's been a long time, but Fisheress is back, living safe and well in NZ!

Well! Where the b###dy hell do i start? So much has happened since December! Just for a short update ( I'll share some tales later),:

STUFF ARRIVED YESTERDAY!!!! Hence, have my internet up and running now!

Have been at work for 3 weeks.............it's very different and there are days when I hate it, but it's still early days! Got paid on Tues and didn't even notice!!!

Kids are in school and have settled really well, thank goodness.

Hubby went back to England on 27th Jan......................life is really tough here without him ( especially as I started my new job 2 days later and have had no belongings). We both have up and down days.......but i know we'll get through it OK................anyway.....whacked 15 grand off the house and we sold it the following day................time is more dear to us than money now.

Am feeling very much like Billy No Mates in the evening...............that's the hardest bit!

Have cried twice..............but not to come home to England!!!!!!! Hubby keeps reminding me of the chavs roaming the streets.

Anyway.....thats all for now!
    Fisheress

PS Weather has been great for weeks!!!!!!

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Welcome back, Fisheress [smilie=joyous.gif] ! So good to hear from you and that you are beginning the settling in process. It will, no doubt, take time to get used to how things work and to gather some friends together. As for getting a bit upset now and again, you may be suffering the after effects of all the stress you had in the UK, preparing for the big move. It can take ages to show itself. With being so busy settling at first, then the long wait for your stuff to arrive plus hubby returning to the UK, you are bound to be up and down. Are you still renting or have you bought a house? Now you?re reunited with your stuff, it?ll feel more like home with familiar belongings around you.

If you?re feeling lonely in the evenings you can always come on here and chat about everyday things. There?s a few that are about to make the move down this year who, I?m sure, will welcome your input. It?s been a bit dead on here the last week or two, so perhaps it?ll liven up with another valued member posting again. Sometimes I feel like I?m talking to myself on here (probably am, anyway [smilie=no comment.gif] ). It?ll be better for you having the Internet in the house which will give you some contact with the outside world. Can?t wait to hear your stories.

If you ever have any doubts about whether you did the right thing, just listen or read the news from the UK, especially the smaller stories that don?t make the headlines but are, nevertheless, significant in giving out that feeling of utter hopelessness and despair. It makes my stomach churn knowing what goes on there now. God forbid, should I ever do anything so very bad that I have to be sent to a penal colony, they?d just need to put me on a plane back to the UK with a one-way ticket [smilie=swoon.gif] . That?d do it.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Glenda is offline All Knowing Deity

Hi Fisheress, :006:

Great to hear you and your kids are settling down OK. Also great to hear you have sold your UK house ... a big weight off your shoulders, I am sure!

Know what it is like to feel like Billy No Mates. It just takes a little time to get the friend/'substitute family' network here ... a network that has probably taken many years to create in the UK.

As Mother Bear says, keep posting on here - there are many out there who value your input (even on subjects which may seem inane to you).

Yes, hasn't the weather been fabulous - blue skies day after day!

:icon_biggrin:
    Glenda
    In NZ since June 2005
    Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness - Chinese proverb

Pulsarblu is offline God like figure

Hi Fisherness, nice to hear that you are in the process of settling down...

And hearing that "money" is not everything and "time" is more important! I have seen so many of my friends, colleagues who treasure financial gain way much than other more important factors of life.

As MotherBear mentioned, many of us here are moving to NZ this year including myself hopefully...so we all have the common goal. When you feel bored, just come online and chat with us. :icon_mrgreen:

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

Hi fisheress,

Great to hear things are 'almost' going your way!!

Where have you ended up living??
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

fisheress is offline Senior Member

We're in Browns Bay! Only 15 mins walk from the beach! In fact, I stopped off at the bank to get some money after work, and me and the little one ended up walking along the shore for half an hour in the sunshine, eating ice-cream!!! I couldn't do that in Solihull!

It's a lovely place and suits my 17 year old as he's only a bus ride from school and is close to Auckland for those all important gigs that he attends! If I had my choice, I would live somewhere a bit more Kiwi........there are lots of English here and my next door neighbours are US and SA. The Koreans tend to settle on the North Shore too. The advantage of this though, when you are new, is that you meet lots of people who have been through what your going through and spur you on!!!!

It suits just fine at the moment...................who knows in the future, I may have a cabin in the middle of nowhere!

Anyway.................I haven't thanked the forum for all the help and wise words it's given me over the past 2 years! I don't intend to disappear just yet as I need someone to talk to and do enjoy the wit and the jokes. To all of you embarking on the hazardous NZ epic adventure, stick with it! It's more than worth it in the end :icon_biggrin:

Fisheress

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

[quote:24741936d9="fisheress"] I don't intend to disappear just yet as I need someone to talk to and do enjoy [b:24741936d9]the wit and the jokes[/b:24741936d9].[/quote:24741936d9]
    Oh really?! Where was I when that happened? [smilie=stupid grin.gif]
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.