Thread: more thoughts

macfod is offline Oh Masterful One

Default more thoughts

Hello everyone

Just trying to get organised and a question with regards medicals.
    Is it right that they they only take them as up to date for three months!

Can we have a medical in NZ when we are there instead.

The same applies for the police report but I understand its six months they last.

With us travelling for 4 months or so before arriving in New Zealand we have a slight hitch if this is the case and as always advice would be great. :icon_confused:

Pulsarblu is offline God like figure

Default more thoughts

Off my mind I think the results of the medicals are valid for three months...hold on a sec...yep you are right.

You said you are travelling for 4 months..hmm..did you talk to your CO about this and the possibility of providing the medics while you are in NZ? I think that is the best approach unless someone on the forum has the same experience.

cheers
    pulsarblu

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Default more thoughts

I'm sure you can have your medicals in NZ as long as they aren't needed beforehand for any visa applications. If, as you've said previously, you are just hopping on a plane and going to NZ, then you should be able to have your medicals down there (should be cheaper too! :icon_biggrin: )
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

moggy is offline God like figure

Default more thoughts

once you have submitted your medicals and police certificates, they do not expire. They only need to be valid at the time of submission, not the time of being processed by NZIS

Default much greatful

thanks all for you replies.
    Yes, Mother Bear we are just planning to arrive in NZ with no jobs or place just ourselves and a plan.
    We are going to tour a few countries before we arrive and have planned to be in NZ by September.

We are looking to start a business of our own in Dunedin and the local council have been very helpful so far coming back with info and offering to help us search for a business.
    I hope they dont think we are millionaires!
    :icon_biggrin: We hope that with a bit of money and determination they will help us set up and obtain the relative visa's.
    I have decided to delay filling in a LTBV until we are there and know exactly our full plans.

I will send off our police report forms soon though so we have them.
    I'm so at our age they can see we are not going to ron too many banks!

Is it worth us applying for any visa's of such whislt still in the uk?

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Default Re: much greatful

[quote:a69b3b5d59="macfod"]
    I'm so at our age they can see we are not going to ron too many banks!
    [color=red:a69b3b5d59]No, one would be enough![/color:a69b3b5d59] :icon_wink:

Is it worth us applying for any visa's of such whislt still in the uk? [color=red:a69b3b5d59]I don't think you would qualify for a WHV because of your age and there isn't much else left if you don't have the necessary skills that they want or vast amounts of money to invest.[/color:a69b3b5d59]
    [/quote:a69b3b5d59]

Great news that Dunedin Council are trying to help you out.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Default so its useless

:icon_lol:

Yep, I reckon I missed out on the WHV 18 years ago.

But , we are both fit and stuborn and looking to succeed.
    And whilst not being Beckhams we can invest and support ourselves to a reasonable standard.

Until we are there its very difficult as we are in their skills bracket, but have lots to offer them.
    Most of all size 10s to open doors in needed to wedge ourselves into the country.

Most of all we are going anyway..

the hoops may be easier to jump though once we are there as from here they are flaming rings.

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

Default more thoughts

Just one word of caution for your particular route.. be aware of how long an LTBV can take to process. Our friends application took 18 months to process as not only do you have to have your application assessed by NZIS, it also needs to be assessed by their accountants to check whether your chosen business is viable. That part alone can take many months unless you are very lucky.

If you are planning on touring for a few months, it's probably better to get it underway as soon as possible, else you may find you run out of time in NZ.
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.