Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Freedom of speech

tottefan is offline Senior Member

Default Freedom of speech

The British government has allowed hundreds of protesters to wave banners glorifying the events of September 11th and the London bombings. Many were inciting further suicide bombings in Britain and Europe. Not one single arrest has been made. Meanwhile, hot cross buns have been banned from British schools because they might offend other cultures. :icon_evil:

If ever I was in doubt about getting out of Britain, today has given me the final push.

tottefan.

Pulsarblu is offline God like figure

I believe for many of you in UK, this is probably the last straw...

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

I was thinking along these lines myself today because of the Mohammed cartoons uproar. What ?they? can get away with compared to non-Muslims. How they can walk along streets at any time, carrying banners ?Kill Americans?, ?Death to Denmark?, ?Kill these? and ?Death to those?. What sort of people are they that have to KILL whenever someone treads on their toes? There?s never any ?Arrest the Americans?, ?Drive out the British?, it?s always KILL or DEATH TO? No half measures. How are we supposed to feel when they burn our nations? flags or drag them through the mud? How should we react when they burn posters of our beloved leaders, Tony Blair and George Bush (o.k. o.k., I?m only using them as examples here, but you get the picture). I know it doesn?t hit right to the heart of our religion, but, if it did, would we be out on the streets threatening to kill and maim? And now they?re glorifying mass murder.

Working abroad, particularly in Arab countries, it?s always drummed into us that we are on their soil and must abide by their rules and always be respectful of such. If we don?t like it, we can get out. Do I see the same sentiments being applied in the UK? No, not at all. These former immigrants are making the rules now and the UK nationals (is this the correct word for ?true? Brits?) are having to abide by them. Here, they purport to be faithful to Mohammed and Islam, but the reality is something quite different. What actually goes on behind the facade is quite the opposite of what Islam is about. This applies to many, but not to all. There are some who are very pious and true to their faith.

We know how it feels to walk down the road and suddenly be confronted by huge banners inciting one and all to kill Americans (for ?Americans? read Brits and most other westerners, if you?re white and speak English you?re a target, they don?t distinguish). We?ve seen and almost become embroiled in these protest marches and know how fired up the participants become. We?ve seen embassies being stormed and torched where people have died. What we?ve seen has been only one step away from insanity. And that was over the Iraq war. There seem to be so many things that bring these people to the edge very quickly and it?s like walking on egg shells. When will someone realise that there are others in this world that are entitled to consideration, apart from Muslims? They already have so much power, where will it end?

And what?s with the hot cross buns? Don?t tell me they?re objecting to the cross or we won?t even be allowed to play noughts and crosses (tic-tac-toe) any more.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

moose is offline Senior Member

Hi Guys

With all that I've just read i can't believe what the uk is coming to, where have our proities gone, pure madness. [smilie=banned.gif]

Another reason for us to move, to allow our children to be children rather than little followers of DICtatorship.

hopefully not long before we move. [smilie=help.gif]

Anna

[/quote]

tottefan is offline Senior Member

According to current population trends, Britain will be a majority Muslim country in 25 years time. :icon_eek:

Tottefan.

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

I can quite believe it.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Pulsarblu is offline God like figure

Yes, that is true. The fact is, although many don't believe, we can live together as one big family without conflicts..very much like New Zealand and many other countries with diversified population. It all starts from each of us and believing that everyone has a inherent good nature.

pulsarblu

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

NZ isn't without it's share of problems in this department. There have been protests over the Otago newspaper that published (or wanting to publish) the anti-islam cartoon stuff. Marches through the streets with banners and chants inciting jihads.

The general political feeling of the opposition party National, without saying it directly, is get the muslims out of NZ. Sky News held a pole about whether media should be free to publish anti muslim content, to which a majority (around 60%) of people said they SHOULD.

Sadly, muslims are creating a rod for their own backs. Hate is growing for them, whether they be good decent people or these idiots who believe death is the answer to everything.

Nostradamus predicted the third world war to be with the arab nations at the turn of the millenium. I can quite clearly see that he may be right, but this war will be one fought by civilians in the streets. There are no armys or clear set boundaries, it will be rioting and mayhem.

Of course, if said war doesn't happen, then you'd better start swatting up on the muslim faith.
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

NickampJacky Guest

Its PC gone mad. We were sitting watching Jack Dee on UK Gold TV on friday night. He was having a poke at the evangelicals and the belief of christs second coming. Jack Dee said he's sure Jesus wouldnt be to happy to come back after what happed last time....his wrists still hurt from being on the cross etc.

At the end of the show he read a few notes from the "suggestion box", one of which said "you can pick on christians all you like - but don't take the Lord's name in vain", to which he replied "Jesus Christ! some people cant take a joke!".

In context it was very very funny. I for one, as a christian, won't be rallying in the streets of my home town crying out for Jack Dee to be hung!

I personally can't wait to get away from all the racial/religious tension thats building across Europe. I've had enough, pass me my passport & one way ticket to NZ thanks.

moggy is offline God like figure

[quote:5e019f8d42="Mother Bear"]I
    And what?s with the hot cross buns? Don?t tell me they?re objecting to the cross or we won?t even be allowed to play noughts and crosses (tic-tac-toe) any more.[/quote:5e019f8d42]

They weren't the head teacher did it in case any Jehovas Witnesses would be offended
    http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm...=news.quirkies

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast