Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The house just went on the market

moggy is offline God like figure

Default The house just went on the market

I am trying initially to sell it privately, pointing prospective viewers to my website
    http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/houseselling

If there is no interest after a few weeks I will put it in the hands of an agent, the two local ones seem very kean to take it on and are fighting over who can offer the lowest rates.

Problem is, although this is the best selling time, we still haven't heard about PR. Ideally we wanted to have been granted it before we sell, but we don't want to get stuck with it either.

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Great website, Moggy. Should raise quite a bit of interest. Have you got a Plan B in case you do sell before PR comes through i.e. somewhere else you can go until you're ready to leave?

Looks like you're in a win-win situation with the property agents.

Good luck with the selling and also with the PR. Hope it comes together for you.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

nattydread is offline God like figure

i can't see you having much problems selling that Moggy.

It's well presented, they are good sized rooms, that bath would sell the house on it's own I reckon..

Good Luck with it all anyway..

if it sells and completes before we have PR, we will rent a place for a couple of months, or possibly stay with the inlaws. I would rather not do that as it would be a long commute.
    We also have some friends that have a house big enough that we could store all our stuff in a few rooms if necessary and possibly borrow the inlaws caravan and park up nearer to work.

But as we should get a case office at least within the next 6 weeks (applied over 1 1/2 months ago) then hopefully we shall have a decision before exchange of contracts.

Yes the bath was one of the things we liked about it when we bought it. As we started thinking about emmigration over a year ago, since then all the decorating we have done has been with the idea of selling, hence why it is pastels all the way.
    Oddly enough when we bought the place there was no mention of the view on the details :icon_confused: :icon_question: seems strange to neglect to mention one of its strongest selling points.

macfod is offline Oh Masterful One

Default good luck

give it a whirl on your own..
    I have just given my agents a real roasting for poor service and the amount of money they command down here its so annoying.
    Once we sell we can make arrangements and so its a frustrating time selling any house :icon_evil:

I have been recommended to try
    www.houseladder.co.uk by someone who sold their house in a week via it.
    I am going to stick it up there for 1 month to see what interest it generates. If it hasn't sold, but I have had enough viewings I may take out their year package. For ?50 to save a couple of thousand or more it has to be worth it.

Default good idea

my agent charges 2.25% and is currently useless and have read the riot act today...
    so frustrating...just want to sell and go........

when I had my last house on the market, I got of the estate agent I was using, because ..... wait for it...... they had forgotten they had it up for sale. :icon_rolleyes: :icon_rolleyes: I got my dad to play mystery shopper and they told him flatly that they had nothing in that area on the market at the time. Even looking up on the computer she told him there was nothing (they actually had 3 on the same estate at the same time!!)

it was 1 1/2 months wasted, then the bottom fell out of the housing market.

Default haha

typical agents.
    I was going to do that with mine to see how they are offering it.
    My concern is because we have tenants in there they are not pushing for a quick completion.
    And if we lived in it at least we would know when and how many viewing we were getting.unlike last weekend.
    Selling our house in the next key to moving after me becoming a temp house husband after managing to get voluntary redundency as planned in december.
    just want to sell sell the house

also check the website that it is being advertised on, see how easy or difficult it is for someone to find it.
    I say this because we had been looking for a couple of months for a place to buy before we found this place. Halifax were marketing the place and we had searched their site many times and not found it. The reason? I had assumed that if I typed in the name of the largest village in the area (2 miles away) that it would have shown up matches in the surrounding areas also. Being new to the area, I didn't know what the surrounding villages were called, so it wasn't until I looked things up on a map and typed in every individual village name that I actually found a match.

A very badly designed website I thought.

But definitely do a mystery shopper, also make a note (record it if possible) of what they tell you about the place.
    You hear horror stories. Sometimes the agent knows someone who wants to buy it, but just not at the price you want to sell it at, so they try and leave it on the market until you take their price.

My last house I bought, the estate agent said to me "well if you don't mind living on the prison estate, they are very good value for money" I was exactly enthusiastic, but I was limited in what I could afford, so I agreed to view, expectingbars on the window and dogs patrolling etc. I was nothing like I imagined, much better than your average estate, landscaped, houses spread out (and they were only 10 years old) and the one I eventually bought was not over looked front or back.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast