Thread: noewjobz

terepikit is offline Junior Member

Default noewjobz

would you know if the firm newjobz is highly effective in providing job offers for those interested in migrating to new zealand? thanks for the advice.

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Default noewjobz

[img:ae8cf8216c]http://www.rentadabo.nl/~english/pictures/welcome04.gif[/img:ae8cf8216c]

Hi Terepikit,

If you go to the top left of the screen and click on 'Search' and enter "Newjobz', it will bring up some old threads about the subject. This question has been asked previously :icon_biggrin: .
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

ag28com is offline Member

Default noewjobz

As far as I can see Newjobz don't really do anything for the $3000 that you couldn't do yourself with the proper research.

I am an IT engineer/IT Consultant, and found loads of recruitment agencies operating in NZ, and contacted them myself.

Depending on the type of work you are looking for, you can work on your own, or use one of the agencies for free. Do bear in mind that generally it is only those roles in the areas of absolute skill shortage that are usually easy to obtain without a proper face-to-face interview. This has proved to be the case for the type of role I am looking for, whereas my wife secured a new nursing job in Auckland through a telephone interview.

Personally I would never pay anyone to find me a job, I have used recruitment agencies, but these have been paid by the employer to find people for roles they are advertising.

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

Default noewjobz

True, they do charge you quite a lot of money to find you a job. I think I would only ever use them if money wasnt an issue and I was desperate to find work.

I've heard good things about them though, and having someone on the ground floor approaching employers on your behalf has put many peoples minds at rest.

It boils down to this:

1. The best option, if you have the time, is to look for the work yourself and save your cash.

2. If you have/don't care about the money, and don't have the time, then it's a good avenue.
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

terepikit is offline Junior Member

Default noewjobz

thanks a lot for the info! i guess my sisters were right after all... anyway, i'm in a dilemma right now. i only have 95 pts for my eoi and that "offer" from newjobz gave me some kinda hope that my points would increase. :icon_cry: i'm an architect by profession but i have no intentions of practicing architecture in nz. i'm quite satisfied with any technical job that would require architectural background.