Thread: We are HERE.......................!

ag28com is offline Member

Default We are HERE.......................!

......... or there depending on your location!

Yes ag28com & clan have finally touched down in NZ, Auckland to be precise.

Within two days of being here we have bought a car and got one of our sons into school.

We have been impressed with the friendliness of all the Kiwis we have met in restaurants and shops. They all picked up that we are from the UK, and welcomed us to NZ.

We just know that we are going to LOVE it here. As I write I am looking out over Auckland Harbour, watching all of the boats taking part in the Auckland Harbour celebrations. There is a firework display tonight, so we're looking forward to that.

The SkyTower is an awesome building, and we hope to go up to the top of the building soon. The city really is beautiful, and has some really impressive buidlings, both old and new.

Queen Street is great, with a good mixture of designer clothes shops, plus loads of eating places (especially chinese and sushi places).

Daisyspop is offline Senior Member

Welcome to the City of Sails! A lot of negative things are said about Auckland but in my opinion it is a great place to live. Though not in the city itself I hasten to add. We country bumpkins to the south appreciate all that only such a major city has to offer, whilst living a few kilometres away from the hassle that also goes with busy city life. Hope you will always love it as much as you do today.

Pulsarblu is offline God like figure

Ag28com, nice to hear that you have arrived. :icon_biggrin: Keep us updated of your happenings.

cheers
    pulsarblu

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Great news that you're already settling in and enjoying your first experiences in NZ. Long may it last. Remember that there are many of us who will be eagerly looking forward to following your progress and learning from it.

Thanks for keeping in touch with the forum. [smilie=best wishes.gif] for the start of your new life.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

nattydread is offline God like figure

nice one..
    so envious of you,,
    we're upto our eyes in DIY and cleaning to get out place on the market..

When you get your breath and if you have a chance, i'd like to hear your thoughts on your flights etc with emirates...

(just realised you may have already answered this on another forum so beg your pardon if you have..)

good luck with the rest of your settling in..

justNoZi is offline Member

great news. hope all goes as well as you have hoped ...seems to be so far. :icon_biggrin:

and i hope your first impressions are long lasting ones. good luck and keep us hopefuls smileng back here with your stories please. :icon_biggrin:

Welshgirl is offline Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Excellent news ag28com :icon_mrgreen:

Hope the country meets your expectations in every respect.

Make sure you stay in touch!

Congratulations :icon_biggrin:

selchie is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

Congrats - I hope all goes well for you and the family. I thought Auckland was nice. Though I prefer smaller cities and towns, it seemes very livable.
    If men had wings and bore black feathers, few of them would be clever enough to be crows.
    - Rev. Henry Ward Beecher, mid-1800s

macfod is offline Oh Masterful One

Default great news

hope you settle in well.

We are still waiting for our incompetent estate agent to sell our Wimbledon property and we can get our plans in the action..

we be there this year though

SteveyC is offline Right Royal Pain In The Posterior

QUALITY!!!!! AG28 had the now usual tingle of excitement/longing/sadness/pride upon reading the first post of a new arrival. It's amazing just hearing from you, PLEEASE keep us posted you must. Even if you think it's inane info, we wanna hear it I'm sure.