Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We're off

stevejan is offline Member

Default We're off

Steve picked up our passports last week, complete with blue stickers hooray :icon_lol:
    We fly to Auckland on 7th Feb, arrive 9th Feb and drive down to the Bay of Plenty on the 10th. Steve starts his new job on the 13th so unfortunately no time for a hol first. We are really excited but I am really nervous. I'm going through so many emotions - will the children settle, will we find them a good school, will Steve like his new job, have we done the right thing?
    I'm sure a lot of you have had similar feelings (well I hope you have and it's not just me!).
    The container comes to be loaded on Tuesday so we shall be living in a empty house for a week but friends have rallied round and we will manage.
    Steve's company are helping us with the move so that really helps, they have booked us into a motel for a couple of weeks until we find a rental. Although there will be lots to sort out I'm looking forward to relaxing with the boys on the beach before they have to start school.
    I've got to say this forum has been a God send over the last few months - better than any book you can buy for great support and information.
    Thanks everyone.
    Jan

Pulsarblu is offline God like figure

Default We're off

Hi Jan and Steve, HOOORRAAYYY!! Do not worry too much, we are very sure that you will adapt and love your new life in NZ. Everything is going great and there is nothing much to worry. If there is, we are still here to support you isn't it? We share the same feelings and this is normal but you did your homework and we know that you will settle in successfully.

Take care for now and let us know when you arrive.

Cheers
    Pulsarblu

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Default We're off

Exciting times, Jan. If you?ve done your homework and prepared yourself for the move, you should be fine. Talking as one who?s just returned from a holiday in NZ, I?m quite envious of you. A lot of things will be like in the UK and also a lot will be better. Once you find your way around and where to get things you?ll be fine and Steve?s company sounds supportive, so that?s good. I?ve very rarely heard of children that don?t settle in school or NZ, quite the opposite in fact. It seems to be the making of them.

Hope all goes smoothly with the move and your immigration is a happy one. Don?t forget to keep us up to date with all the happenings.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

nattydread is offline God like figure

Default We're off

so pleased for you Jan..

Good luck with your move and your bare bones life till you get there..

Looking forward to your early NZ posts..

Good Luck and well done..

justNoZi is offline Member

Default We're off

excellent. i'm so glad to hear that. :icon_biggrin:
    your progress/stories/questions/replies were what got me checking in to this site so regularly.
    its great that its finally working out for you. hope you have a great time there and keep in touch.

Glenda is offline All Knowing Deity

Default We're off

Good luck Jan and Steve! I remember well the hard work and excitement of the move. Sounds like you will all be fine. You can have a holiday another time ... getting the kids into school asap is a really good idea this time of year.
    :icon_biggrin:
    Glenda
    In NZ since June 2005
    Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness - Chinese proverb

Welshgirl is offline Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default We're off

Happy days for you all :icon_mrgreen:

Sure you'll be fine but worrying is completely normal lol - keep us posted anyway :icon_biggrin:

vannie8779 is offline Junior Member

Default wow congrats steve and jan

ive been following your post... good that finally everything is settled.
    im sure you'll love NZ... that's why we all want to be there, right? :icon_lol:

moggy is offline God like figure

Default We're off

starting to get really envious now. Well hopefully just a few month months here for us.

stndrd is offline Member

Default We're off

Best of luck to you and your family in NZ!

-Brian

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast