Thread: Can anyone help? Please!

JulieAnne is offline Junior Member

Default Can anyone help? Please!

Hi

My name is Julie and I am 21, my parents and 2 younger brothers are moving to NZ from the UK and I have been included on the family visa.
    I have a boyfriend who is 25 and a Graphic Designer with a HNC in Graphic Design and 3 years experience who also wants to move to NZ but we are finding it hard as without a job offer he has 95 points, we have looked into the prospect of him going over to NZ on a working holiday visa and hopefully getting a job and then being able to apply for residency, does anyone have any ideas or advice please? (We are hoping to move to the Hamilton area)
    We have been together for 6 years in March but we have only lived together since oct. 05 so can't apply together - main reason I have been included in my parents application.
    We are planning to go to the expo in London in March which I am hoping will help us but Iam not sure?!

Thanks in advance for your help
    Julie x

moose is offline Senior Member

Hi Julieanne

Welcome to the site!!!

Expo should be a good place to get info but if you can't wait til then you could always try to call New Zealand House in London Tel No. 09069 100 100. must warn you it will cost you a ?1 per min.

Try applying for a work visa. :017:

Good Luck

Anna

Pulsarblu is offline God like figure

Hi Julie, a very warm welcome to the forum.

I presume that you are going to move to NZ with your parents. Man...leaving your partner in UK is so sad...

There is still hope as NZ is always welcoming young people like you and ur boyfriend.

Check out this link..

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra.../live/partner/

However, that will mean that you have to be in NZ for some period of time before you can sponsor him over and I think you need to provide concrete evidence that he is seriously your partner..

Ask the officers at the London Expo about this option and other possible options he have.

Cheers and best of luck.

As always, come back to us if you have further questions, we will try our best!

pulsarblu

JulieAnne is offline Junior Member

Hi

Thanks for your help!
    Do you get to speak to someone if you ring New Zealand House in London or do you just get a recorded message?
    I don't think I could go over to NZ and leave my boyfiend behind to follow me so if we can't find a way we may be stuck here for a while although I don't know how that would affect my chances of reapplying if I didn't use my current visa.
    Does anybody know what would happen if we got married here? Just an idea!
    Ive been looking everywhere trying to get some advice and help on our options but haven't had much luck, I am hoping the people at the expo in London will be more helpful.

Julie x

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

[quote:d2d739c56e="JulieAnne"]Does anybody know what would happen if we got married here? Just an idea![/quote:d2d739c56e]

Hi Julie,

As far as I know, getting married won't make that much difference where the partnership rules are concerned. Marriage alone does not constitute a genuine and stable relationship and you would still have to go through the rigmarole of proving you have been living together for more than a year.

What you said about applying for a WHV and just going out to NZ to look for work is what several of our members have either done or are hoping to do, so that's one way round it. It's a gamble, but employers might look more favourably on your partner because he's already made the commitment to travel down to NZ, whereas someone who's still in the UK wouldn't be so appealing in case they change their minds about emigrating.

Hope you can manage to resolve the problems.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

moggy is offline God like figure

[quote:e71b8726c4="moose"] you could always try to call New Zealand House in London Tel No. 09069 100 100. must warn you it will cost you a ?1 per min.

[/quote:e71b8726c4]

don't use that number, use the number for calling from outside of the UK it is only charged at nation rate

gossage is offline Member

I have just read all the info that I was sent when I applied and this is what it says.

[b:140cd9ee9e]What happens if I have been with my partner less than 12 months?[/b:140cd9ee9e]
    If the NZIS is satisfied that you and your partner areliving together in a partnership that is genuine and stable, but you have been with your partner less than 12 months the:

if approval of your application relies on points for your partner's skilled employment in NZ, their recongised qualifications or their close family, we will have to decline you application under Government Residence Policy; of

if approval of your application does not repy on gaining points for your partner's skilled employment in NZ or offer of skilled employment in NZ, their recognised qualification or their close family, the NZIS may proceed with processing your application for residence, but their final desicion on your partner's application to allow you both to meet the 12-month qualifying period.

[b:140cd9ee9e]It is important to note[/b:140cd9ee9e]:
    If your partner's application for residence has been deferred , as described above, they could be issued with a work visa or granted a woek permit (once an application has been made). This visa or permit would be for a period that is long enough to allow you both to meet the qualifying 12 month partnership period, and to allow us enough time to complete any further assessmetn of their residence application.

This should help!! Hope it does.