Thread: Health Matters

TheWoodies is offline Junior Member

Default Health Matters

I got diagnosed with a heart problem, just after we had been told that we could apply for residency! Unfortunately, it will mean an op - and it has also meant that we have had to delay our application until I'm sorted :icon_frown:

The question is - I'll be 47 this year, is there and "ageism" thing in NZ like there is in Blighty? (I work in IT)

If there is a healthcare professional out there - what sort of hoops will I have to jump through once I start re-applying? (if you would like to PM me on this bit, I'd be grateful). ::):

Thanks

Adrian

ag28com is offline Member

Default Health Matters

Sorry to hear about this setback, it must be very disappointing. Once you have the all clear from the hospital, you should be able to pick this up again.

On the plus side, I am also in IT, and have worked in Support and as an engineer. I have been advised that getting a job in NZ will not be a problem, and I should find something easily...........

Small world, we live in Nottingham too!!

Pulsarblu is offline God like figure

Default Health Matters

Hey, I am also in IT working currently in Infrastructure..you know.. Emails, Active directory, networks (LAN / Wireless / WAN) and etc...

Woodies, i wish you good health. I been thru three operations before and I got well very soon after each one. Remember the more positive you are, your body will built more good cells and you will recover sooner.

cheers

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Health Matters

[quote:879a9eed63="TheWoodies"]The question is - I'll be 47 this year, is there and "ageism" thing in NZ like there is in Blighty? (I work in IT)[/quote:879a9eed63]

I don't know about once you are in NZ, but I'm sure you have to make your application to get in before you are 56 years old.

Wishing you all the best for the op. Hope you'll be feeling on top of the world afterwards. I think, as long as you wouldn't require a lot of aftercare when you got to NZ and, thereby be a 'burden' on the health service (as they so nicely put it), there should be no problem with your application proceeding as normal then.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.