Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which airline did you fly with

skybluearmy is offline Senior Member

Default Which airline did you fly with

I want to run a poll on peoples experiences with the Flights/airlines that members have flown with, so for me to do that i would like you all to tell me who you flew with ::):
    Thanks

Skybluearmy :006:

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

We haven't quite made it down there yet but, catastrophes aside, we should be going with Thai Air on 3rd Jan. for our holiday down under. I'm resurrecting this in case there's anything of interest for you, particularly the link to an airline quality site, which has helpful insites and people's opinions.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Thanks MB.
    I have probably looked at everything to do with flights on this forum. I just wanted to collate all the info into one place and get peoples opinions(1P or 2 P's) and how the flight was/service was/change of planes etc, and then run a poll to find the overall winner :icon_eek:

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Taffy and Welshgirl can probably fill you in on the delights of flying with Singapore Airlines when they're looking in next. I believe they were quite happy with the service, as are others I've heard from. Emirates also has a very good name, but can be a bit expensive. Welshgirl has also travelled with Air NZ. I think you've hit a bit of a slack time on the forum with the weekend and also the Christmas period. Glenda is tied up with a visitor and Fisheress is newly settling into her life in NZ. Perhaps they will be able to enlighten you with their flight details when they're back on again. If you can wait a couple of weeks, I'll have some info on Thai Air, which is also supposed to be pretty good.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Glenda is offline All Knowing Deity

Hi,

We've travelled to New Zealand with Singapore Airlines, Emirates and Air New Zealand. Quite frankly, there is not much difference between them other than obvious language differences. Emirates usually have more stops (for example, Dubai, Singapore and often a city in Australia) but both they and Singapore have good inflight entertainment (personal video screens). Drinks are plentiful and usually free, and I would say the service is a little better with Emirates. Singapore seems to have a special agreement whereas you can take 40kg luggage if you are emigrating. Air New Zealand have the 64kg luggage allowance but are a little less attentive than their Asian counterparts, drinks seem to be fewer and they are only just improving the entertainment system in their planes. You will come across a lot of poms on all three, but kiwis seem to fly the flag and go with Air NZ.

::):
    Glenda
    In NZ since June 2005
    Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness - Chinese proverb

Daisyspop is offline Senior Member

Cathay Pacific was good too. I could never describe being in any aircraft for that length of time as anything but a trial though so go for the most luxurios and hang the cost.

Thanks for that so far :023:
    Has anyone flew to San Fransisco(virgin) and then to Auckland (air nz) and if so what was it like :icon_question:

jamesthecarman is offline Oh Masterful One

I've only been on Qantas so far, and was pretty impressed.

There were about 5 movies playing continuosly, and various taped TV chanels to choose from.

The seats were small, but hey, they all are (I'm 6'0").

selchie is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

[quote:966b9e0f0a="skybluearmy"]Has anyone flew to San Fransisco(virgin) and then to Auckland (air nz) and if so what was it like :icon_question:[/quote:966b9e0f0a]
    I've just flown the SFO to ALK leg via Air NZ, and I thought it was fine for a long flight in leper class. We leave in the evening, and land in the morning, so there are opportunities to pretend it's bedtime. The attendants are much more attentive and downright nice than on United (a US airline). As a comparison, I found a recent British Air flight to be the nicest & comfiest of all.

Skyblue, if you do go through SFO and make a layover so as to explore San Francisco, perhaps I can help with some tourist and transit advice. I used to live in the SF Bay Area, and my OH grew up there. The airport's major flaw is fog, which can shut it down. But fog rarely stops things for more than a few hours, and I've never experienced it. And SF is much prettier than LA, in my completely unbiased opinion.
    If men had wings and bore black feathers, few of them would be clever enough to be crows.
    - Rev. Henry Ward Beecher, mid-1800s

doojay is offline Junior Member

I have travelled on Korean, JAL, Air NZ & BA. We are going to NZ via Lax, which i really didn't want to do as the jet lag seems worst going the wrong way or against the spin of the earth (maybe I am making this up) the real reason is to stick clear of USA. But hey there were no tickets and they give us 64Kg per person luggage compared to 20 pp via asia.

back to the airline the best by a long way was Japan airlines.

happy flying :icon_eek:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast