Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help needed

joelle is offline Member

Default Help needed

Not quite sure where to post this but we've just been offered WTR instead of PR

Has anybody got any info regarding a WTR or been down this route who could provide some help?

Many thanks

Joelle

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

Default Help needed

Hi Joelle,

Did you apply with a job offer? Usually people get a WTR visa if they applied without having a job, and immigration are not too sure about job availability for you. All it means is when you get a job and you look likely to settle, it will be changed to PR.
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

Pulsarblu is offline God like figure

Default Help needed

Better than nothing I would say. Employers will be more keen to offer a job in New Zealand than without a visa of any kind.

Have you seen the information put up by NZIS on the web regarding WTR.

Anyway, here it goes.. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...rktoresidence/

cheers and good luck!

Pulsarblu

SteveyC is offline Right Royal Pain In The Posterior

Default Help needed

Hmm interesting that. It a sure sign that we're wanted and needed if NZIS start giving people other visas automatically if they don't quite make PR.

So what do they gice you the visa and you've got certain amount of time to land a job or what?

joelle is offline Member

Default Help needed

Hi all

Thanks for the info :icon_lol:

Taffy - we had the same thought - both of us have alot of business management experience (OH has set up companies and now works for himself) and we think that with WTR they wanted to give us the incentive to go out and find a job.

Pulsarblu - thanks for the link I'll check it out - and yes its better than decline

SteveyC - [quote:d1b77f4214]So what do they give you the visa and you've got certain amount of time to land a job or what?[/quote:d1b77f4214]

Bascially we have been given 3 months to get our work visa/permit, this will then allow us to the look for work for 2 years. Once found a job and after 3 months in that job we can get PR.

I do believe although not sure yet but if our medicals and police certs are out of date when we apply for PR then we have to go through them again - ????? more of this!

I have heard that if I get a job whilst still in the UK it should change automatically but not sure on this one. Will be asking our CO.

Many Thanks
    Joelle

bikershaz is offline Member

Default Help needed

Hi Joelle,

We just heard this week and we had the same WTR.

I don't think it makes and difference as I assumed that as soon as we get jobs then it changes to PR, hopefully!

Shaz

joelle is offline Member

Default Help needed

Hi Bikershaz

Congrats on getting WTR

I'll pass on any info when we get a response from our CO. There is a section on their website but its more aimed at people who have just applied for WTR rather than us who've had WTR issued with our PR on hold.

Joelle :icon_razz:

Pulsarblu is offline God like figure

Default Help needed

Hi Joelle and Bikershaz,

I just completed my interview with CO and maybe offered a WTR too although this is not confirmed yet. Man...I am getting so nervous now. Have anyone of you heard back from your CO that once on the job for three months, the WTR will be AUTOMATICALLY converted to PR?

Pulsarblu

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Default Help needed

Once you have completed 3 months in your job, you don't automatically get PR, NZIS have to approve the conversion for you.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

joelle is offline Member

Default Help needed

Hi Pulsarblu

If you're offered WTR you get a 'keep in touch' officer within NZIS and you inform them once you have completed 3 months employment and they will then assess whether its classed as suitable and then the PR gets approved. As with everything there will be a process but my CO has confirmed that you do not need to have the medicals & police certs re-done :icon_biggrin:

Hope this helps and good luck :icon_wink:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast