Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: House sold!!

skybluearmy is offline Senior Member

Default House sold!!

Sorry, have been off the forum lately as i/we have been a little disheartened about the house not selling and having to put the job back for a while.
    Hello to everyone :006: and hope your all well.

Well as the title suggests we have accepted an offer on the house (5 viewings in 4 months :027: ) and should be out by mid march if all goes well.
    Now its the time that all the hard work begins, finding moving companies/ the best airlines/ what to take and what to leave, you know how it goes...
    But at least it leads to the pot of gold that we are longing for!!!!!! :smiley4:

Welshgirl is offline Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default House sold!!

Hey skybluearmy,

Congrats on the house sale, sooooo pleased for you :icon_biggrin:

No chickening out on NZ now :icon_wink:

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Default House sold!!

Well done Skybluearmy. Hope the house sale completes without any hitches.

We sold our house in Spain quite a while ago now, then had to wait for the money from our buyers? house sale in the UK to come through, which took about 6 weeks. We have had very skimpy contact with our solicitor in Spain who has been given Power of Attorney to deal with this in our absence. The day we should have completed, it was found that the passport number for hubster, which appeared on the deeds, was in fact his old passport number ? 4 years had elapsed in the meantime. The solicitor should have checked all this beforehand and the estate agent was doing her nut (to the extent that our solicitor was now totally ignoring her). There was no communication between solicitor and agent. I won?t go into the long and scream-worthy process that has been going on since and the totally unprofessional mud-slinging that has occurred with both sides slagging each other off and using me as a sounding board. Several other so-called completion dates passed and still no news. By chance last week, I looked on the agent?s website and saw our place now marked as ?Sold?. Emailed her and she confirmed it had finally completed. No one had bothered to tell us! Now, still further on, there is no sign of the money having gone into our account and phone calls and emails to the solicitor, to find out what?s going on, are taking us nowhere. It?s always a case of ?We?ll get back to you?. Last I heard was a clerk in the office emailed to say her boss was going to contact us ?to explain?. What the hell is there to explain about? ?Yes, the house has been sold. Yes, the money has been paid into your bank.? As I write. Hubster is venting his fury on the office and still getting nowhere. Give me strength!
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Default House sold!!

Thats it MB fill me with confidence :icon_eek:

I am sorry to hear of your situation though and i'm sure everything will resolve its self soon ::):

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Default House sold!!

i'm sure you won't have the same problems as we're having, Skybluearmy. I just think we're suffering from a Cold War between agent (Brit) and solicitor (Spanish) who have rubbed each other up the wrong way and we're caught in the middle. Had a right day of it today, but finally had a brief email to say money is in our Spanish bank account (the one we'd said not to pay into, but never mind, eh). Also had more promises of explanations, as to what's been going on, but still nothing. It's as painful as pulling teeth.

Good luck with your sale going through smoothly and then you'll be winging your way to The Land of the Long White Cloud and a wonderful new life.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

SteveyC is offline Right Royal Pain In The Posterior

Default House sold!!

Congratulations mate, let the journey begin!!! Mid Marchg seems a long time tho, is your solicitor slow?

What do you plan to do in the interim before flying out btw. We're pondering on the same thing as I'm loathed to fork out for a holiday let for a couple of months.

Default House sold!!

Hi Stevey, Sorry for not replying sooner as for some reason i was logged out :icon_eek: and i didn't see your post until last night!!!!!!

We accepted to offer on the house at the start of dec and our buyers buyer wants to complete in 8 weeks, so by my calculations that will be the start of Feb. Then we have taken Christmas into account and added a couple of weeks delay into the timescale due to solicitors not working( unlike me :icon_frown: ).
    Hopefully then we will be near completion and will then spend a couple of weeks staying with MIL and saying goodbye to everyone that we will miss(its a short goodbye then :icon_wink: )

What are your plans Stevey :icon_question:

Default House sold!!

Yup sounds about right once you spell it out. Booked your flights yet? Think Craigs aiming to fly out in march too. You never know we might end up going in march also with a bit of luck and the wind behind us. Think we could get a block booking and save some dollar :icon_biggrin: :icon_lol: :icon_biggrin:

My plan as yours, is to sell house, say bye and LEAVE.......FAST!!!
    Gotta scoot over to Holland and say bye to family there as well so it will be a busy time for us if and when we exchange. Visas been applied for tho and should be with me next week sometime, reckon that's gonna be the best 42 quid I ever spent. 'My Cargill, if you'd like to give us ?42 we should be able to sort you out with 12 months minimum of paradise' Bargain!!! :smiley20:

nattydread is offline God like figure

Default House sold!!

yes stevey , we will be off in march but given the already tight timescales , it will be the end of march, possibly start of april..

Default House sold!!

hehe we thought early april too, but then thought april fools day? Lets bring it foward a tad. Anyway still gotta sell before anything :icon_sad:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast