Thread: A new day has dawned!!

fisheress is offline Senior Member

Default A new day has dawned!!

Well..........what can I say, someone has definitely been looking down on us for the last few months. Hubby was in London today with the passports and has rung to spread the news that the Fisher family now have residency visas!!!!!!!!

This means we are safe to travel on our already booked one way tickets, we can confirm our removal date for the 7th Dec (needed evidence of visas to do so) and to top it all off, hubby has managed to get a cancellation on our flight so we are all going together on 13th Dec.

Hubby has 2 months off work and will then return to sell the house ( I know SteveyC understands this woe). Until then, we have 2 lodgers moving in as of the 14th Dec so atleast the house won't be empty and my mortgage will be covered! At least now he has his residency so can apply to the police/immigration when he comes permanently.

Saying goodbye to the inlaws this weekend and my family(sob) the weekend after.............but am really excited too.

Will update everyone...................and never thought it would eventually be me leaving the UK on the forum :icon_eek:

Thanks to everyone for their interest and support, but I will be back before I leave!!!

Fisheress :icon_mrgreen:

Glenda is offline All Knowing Deity

Wow! That is sounding very jammy! :038: :icon_biggrin:

It certainly is an amazing, almost surreal, feeling to think that it is [i:249abc647b]your[/i:249abc647b] turn to be making the move. Two weeks ... guess you'll be a bit busy now?(!)
    :icon_biggrin:
    Glenda
    In NZ since June 2005
    Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness - Chinese proverb

fisheress is offline Senior Member

Yep! But it's a nice kind of busy!! Hope you're getting on ok Glenda, I seemed to have missed your latest installments.

Fisheress

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

At this rate it'll be empty of prospective immigrants on here soon, as nearly everyone, apart from us few unfortunates, will already be down below. It would be really great if everyone manages to settle well and lead happy lives, never to look back again. We've had quitea few success stories already, so no reason why we shouldn't have quite a few more.

Glad that you're enjoying the hustle and bustle of getting ready to go, Fisheress, as that is all part and parcel of the big move. Hope the goodbyes aren't too painful. Your parents, I believe, are hoping to follow you down, so that will be something to look forward to.

Again, I'll wish you a safe journey and a good start to your new life.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.