Thread: Return tickets

Glenda is offline All Knowing Deity

Default Return tickets

For Stevey and anyone else interested ...

Haven't done much sleuthing on the subject as my month's allowance for internet usage is nearly up, :icon_rolleyes: but found this on the subject from the operations manual on the NZIS site (doesn't cut and paste too well):-

V2.25 Onward travel requirements
    Immigration Regulations 1999 regs 6(2)(b), 13(1)(d),21

Applicants for a visitor's permit must show evidence of the travel arrangements they have made to leave New Zealand at the end of their stay.
    A visa officer may also request such evidence from applicants for a visitor's visa.
    V2.25.1 Evidence of onward travel arrangements

Evidence of onward travel arrangements includes but is not limited to:

actual travel tickets (confirmed or open-dated) out of New Zealand to a country which the applicant has the right to enter;
    (only for applicants on arrival in New Zealand) a visitor's visa endorsed to show that the onward travel requirement has been met or waived;
    written confirmation from an airline or travel agency that onward travel has been booked and paid for;
    sponsorship covering repatriation.

V2.25.5 Waiver of funds and/or sponsorship requirements and/or tickets for visitor permit applications

Officers with Schedule 2 delegations and above may waive the requirements for funds and/or sponsorship and/or airline tickets in the case of applicants for visitor permits such as, but not limited to, the following:

government officials travelling on business, if they are officially supported by their home government;
    genuine business travellers, if they are formally supported by their employer;
    genuine tourists*, if the immigration officer is satisfied that:
    they are genuine tourists*, and
    they have made a suitable declaration as to funds and tickets on the application form;
    the spouse and dependants of a work permit holder, if the employer is a guarantor or the work permit holder has sufficient funds or income for their maintenance and repatriation;
    the spouse and dependants of a student permit holder on a scholarship, if the scholarship guarantees maintenance and repatriation of spouse and dependants;
    residence applicants, if the officer is confident that the application for residence is likely to succeed.

:icon_neutral:
    Glenda
    In NZ since June 2005
    Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness - Chinese proverb

SteveyC is offline Right Royal Pain In The Posterior

Default Return tickets

Hmmm not great then. I'm sure I'll blag it tho, I'll dig deep and find the blagger within that used to be so prominant as a teen hehe.
    Nice info tho Glenda.

Limited Usage on Internet Activity, crumbs are all Kiwi ISPs that stingy?

Default Return tickets

[quote:ab20a7aec7="SteveyC"]

Limited Usage on Internet Activity, crumbs are all Kiwi ISPs that stingy?[/quote:ab20a7aec7]

Think our ISP (xtra) is normal in offering 1GB broadband per month. There are other plans, and other ISPs ... have yet to investigate them. Normally 1GB is enough for an average family, only this month one of my kids was a little enthusiastic in downloading music. Am up to 970MBs and a few more days yet to run.
    :icon_rolleyes:
    Glenda
    In NZ since June 2005

fisheress is offline Senior Member

Default Return tickets

Thanks for the info Glenda! Much needed for us at this time, although not sure how much I understand! Need to get my skates on tho if I'm to leave as planned!!
    Fisheress

Default Return tickets

May I ask how much you pay each month Glenda, I use way more than that playing games online.

On the thread's topic, does anyone ever get onward flights to Fiji rather than Oz. I thought they were closer geographically so might be cheaper, or is that nor possible or cheaper.

hehe I'm such a tight ass eh? Gonna be hearing alot of 'is it cheper to this or that' over the next few days hehe.

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Default Return tickets

[quote:fb4b654a3e="SteveyC"]On the thread's topic, does anyone ever get onward flights to Fiji rather than Oz. I thought they were closer geographically so might be cheaper, or is that nor possible or cheaper.[/quote:fb4b654a3e]

Don't see why not. You could be a backpacker doing the rounds of all the islands and neighbouring countries, as they do. As long as you can get a direct flight from NZ, I'd have thought you could do it. Don't know whether it would be cheaper though, as the likes of Sydney or Melbourne looks closer to me. I'll have to go check my map.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Default Return tickets

[quote:2b1436f131="SteveyC"]May I ask how much you pay each month Glenda, I use way more than that playing games online.

On the thread's topic, does anyone ever get onward flights to Fiji rather than Oz. I thought they were closer geographically so might be cheaper, or is that nor possible or cheaper.
    [/quote:2b1436f131]

We pay $39.95 per month for xtra broadband. There is not much established competition here. Heard of Whoosh and iHug, there is a rumour that AOL may come along. (Shame on you spending all that time playing games online! :018: ::): )

On AirNZ there are three prices of tickets and you have to go for the most expensive for a refund. You are right about Fiji - One way on (for example) 20 April is $459pp, to Brisbane and Sydney $549pp. Of course there are other airlines - Qantas, Pacific Blue etc. that may give cheaper flights.

::):
    Glenda
    In NZ since June 2005

Default Return tickets

Fiji it is then cool.
    $39.95 isn't so bad for 1gb download I suppose, I assume there are more expensive packages available.