Thread: Plan b -and NZ planning begins

macfod is offline Oh Masterful One

Default Plan b -and NZ planning begins

We are now working on getting flights over early next year and looking for local jobs when we are there in the Dunedin area.
    Are we able to obtain local jobs without a works visa if we enter as tourists!
    We plan to have some personal belongings sent over so we can rent and later hopefully buy a property.
    But we we need to apply for resendency first before being able to buy>
    We have friends in the north that would sponser us if needed, but I'm not sure if that would be possible in NZ.

Basicly, we plan to take the bull by the horns and just get there first to sort out work and stuff.

I suppose the worse that could happen is that we have to come out for a while after 6 months before being allowed back in.. :icon_confused:

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Plan b -and NZ planning begins

[quote:2e19f5a33f="macfod"]Are we able to obtain local jobs without a works visa if we enter as tourists![/quote:2e19f5a33f]
    Take a look at this link which explains about the different ways of applying for a work visa. I don't think it's an option to take up a job in NZ without getting a visa/permit beforehand. To qualify to enter on a Working Holiday Visa you need to be under 30 years old.
    http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migrant/stream/work/

[quote:2e19f5a33f]But we we need to apply for resendency first before being able to buy[/quote:2e19f5a33f]
    No, you don't need PR to allow you to buy a property in NZ. We're thinking of looking into this when we visit in Dec. and we don't have PR either. It should be a relatively simple process.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Default I was under 30 - once

Thanks for that I check it out and gather more info ..

We only need tempory or part time jobs to suppliment our spending at this stage amd we have already posted cv's off.but I would imagine they are pretty strict at taking people on without work permits?

Daisyspop is offline Senior Member

Default Plan b -and NZ planning begins

Beware trying to short circuit systems, once you apply for residency they won't let you change to a work visa - we tried that one because of looming jobstart in NZ and the availability of flights. As it turned out we collected our visas in London on the day of the flight.

Default thanks

for :icon_biggrin: the note and yes, we will look for jobs first and see how it all looks.
    But, we have a few months yet to continue to build information and our plans