Thread: Do you anyone who has been refused?

bikershaz is offline Member

Default Do you anyone who has been refused?

Hi,

As we are currently waiting to hear from NZIS I just wondered if anyone knew someone or of someone who had been refused. Just wondered the sort of things they look at negatively on in applications.

We haven't even had an interview yet, so I know we are a long way off.

I keep checking their web page every day to see if our status has changed and I know I'm driving hubby mad!! :icon_lol:

Shaz

spudulike is offline Junior Member

Hi Shaz, I don't know of anybody who has been refused - it can just take a while to process, particularly without a job offer. Even people who have been held up with the medicals have managed to sort it eventually.

Try not to worry, I'm sure you'll hear some news soon. :icon_razz:

Good luck

Louise

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

How long have you been waiting to hear? I would have thought that you'd have been knocked back at the first hurdle if NZ didn?t want you. The only thing that could blight your chances of getting in now would be if either of you had a bad police record or if there was anything untoward in your medical reports. As, no doubt, you will be clear on both counts, the only reason I can think of that would hold things up is, as Louise says, the lack of job offer, which can slow the process down, but that?s not to say you won?t still get in. It?s just NZIS dragging their heels and they can take months. You will get there??eventually. :icon_biggrin:
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

bikershaz is offline Member

Hi,

Thanks both for your replies. I was just wondering as I noticed that a few other here had been accepted recently really quickly. We really haven't been waiting long at all. Our police records are fine and medicals so don't really see a problem there. Like you say I think it is just a case of waiting for NZIS!

Thanks again. :icon_mrgreen: