Thread: Greetings from two Newbies

TheWoodies is offline Junior Member

Default Greetings from two Newbies

Just thought we'd better introduce ourselves before bombarding you all with questions! My husband and I both work for the NHS - I work in the Orthotics department of a local hospital and my husband is an IT Project Manager for a local Primary Care Trust.

We are both of the opinion that England just ain't what it use to be - to the point that we now both feel that we no longer belong (sad, since my husband also spent the best part of 10 years in the Army). So maybe it's a case of NZ here we come!

We put our EOI in a few weeks ago and got a reply back almost too quickly! We are now working out what to do with our ITA and have just sent our Police Check forms off.

I must say that this site is most helpful - and it's nice to know that the questions we ask aren't as dumb as we thought....

So, thank you in advance and it'll be nice to make your aquaintance.

Regards

Blister and BusterBunny :icon_razz:

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

Hi Guys,

Welcome to the forum :icon_biggrin:

Don't worry, there's no such thing as a silly question when it comes to emigrating. Ask your questions and, if you feel very brave, join in with the insanity that is the Coffee House and havesome fun too :icon_wink:
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

selchie is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

[quote:5eb5e26a27="Taffy"]Don't worry, there's no such thing as a silly question when it comes to emigrating.[/quote:5eb5e26a27]I dunno, just give me some time and I'll come up with one if you'd like [img:5eb5e26a27]http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/grinser/grinning-smiley-038.gif[/img:5eb5e26a27].
    If men had wings and bore black feathers, few of them would be clever enough to be crows.
    - Rev. Henry Ward Beecher, mid-1800s

SteveyC is offline Right Royal Pain In The Posterior

I could come up with a very silly question about usernames!!!!! ok maybe not :icon_rolleyes:

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

I think a trip into The Coffee House and a posting under 'Where did you get that name' (if you can still find it) is appropriate, especially for the Blister and Buster bit. :icon_biggrin:

Hearty welcome to the forum anyway. :023: I worked in the NHS for several years in Medical Records and have to say, by the time I left, I was extremely exasperated with it all. I got bogged down by the sheer weight of work generated by top heavy management in the attempt to make themselves look busy and of some use (which they weren't).
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

SteveyC is offline Right Royal Pain In The Posterior

[quote:45888bcd75="Mother Bear"]I got bogged down by the sheer weight of work generated by top heavy management in the attempt to make themselves look busy and of some use (which they weren't).[/quote:45888bcd75]

All the managers were bimbos with big breasts!!??

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

No, just big heads. :icon_rolleyes:
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.