Thread: Fake bomb but enough to get you worried.

driver is offline Member

Default Fake bomb but enough to get you worried.

oh great just woke up to this headline.

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/20...nt_3497404.htm

I was shaky about moving to tauranga after the floods, now here is something else to think about.

:icon_confused:

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Here's another link to it from the NZ Herald. Looks like NZIS can claim their first victim if the reason for him doing this is credible.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/st...ectID=10345817

Don't think you've got too much to worry about Driver. Looks like the poor guy just lost his marbles and I'm sure a lot of our members will experience/have already experience similar frustrations with NZIS. He, sadly, took it a couple of steps too far.

As for the floods in Tauranga, if you pick a property that's elevated (if there are such places in Tauranga) you might get away with it.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

driver is offline Member

Oh, thats the way to get in then :icon_wink:

Why didn't I think of that, what a nit. :icon_cry: absolutely no hope for him now.

We phoned the other night to see where we are in the queue and the woman said, yes you are in a managed queue but call once a month to see how things are going!!!!!!

I think I can understand the poor things situation.

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

Seems that too many people these days believe bombs are the answer to everything. Frustrated or not, putting peoples lives at risk and causing chaos to a city is not the way to go with all the recent happenings in the world. His annoyance was at the white man, in his statement "What gives the white man the right to come to New Zealand, and say who can or can't come here". God help him if Don Brash was in power!!

The floods in Tauranga weren't exactly floods, more a bit of land slippage due to heavy rainfall, and nowhere near to the extent of Matata, that caught the rough end of it with pretty much every home in the town being damaged or destroyed when half a mountain side was washed down on it. Welcome to life in New Zealand, folks!!
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

Daisyspop is offline Senior Member

Apparently the man was a would be immigrant wanting to draw attention to his lack of success in obtaining a residency permit.. He didn't have a bomb and he will most certainly now be deported.
    Moral of the tale? Don't get too frustrated when waiting for the blue stickers. It is also better to get one in the Uk if you are thinking of making a go of it here.

selchie is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

[quote:041414425f="Taffy"]The floods in Tauranga weren't exactly floods, more a bit of land slippage due to heavy rainfall, and nowhere near to the extent of Matata, that caught the rough end of it with pretty much every home in the town being damaged or destroyed when half a mountain side was washed down on it. Welcome to life in New Zealand, folks!![/quote:041414425f]Aah, sounds just like home...
    If men had wings and bore black feathers, few of them would be clever enough to be crows.
    - Rev. Henry Ward Beecher, mid-1800s

Blog Entries

[quote:37035d9f69="Daisyspop"]Apparently the man was a would be immigrant wanting to draw attention to his lack of success in obtaining a residency permit.. He didn't have a bomb and he will most certainly now be deported.[/quote:37035d9f69]
    There was method in his madness after all.
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/st...ectID=10346092
    Mother Bear

selchie is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

Before deporting him (or whatever they do), perhaps they could let people affected by his stunt pummel him with toiletries. How soon before NZIS requires psychiatric evaluations? Not a bad idea in itself, but yet another expense. Perhaps require immigrants to make a "security deposit" for a return flight.

As Anonymous once opined, "the more people I meet, the more I like my cat".
    If men had wings and bore black feathers, few of them would be clever enough to be crows.
    - Rev. Henry Ward Beecher, mid-1800s

Blog Entries

[quote:196cb5641e="selchie"]As Anonymous once opined, "the more people I meet, the more I like my cat".[/quote:196cb5641e]
    [img:196cb5641e]http://www.my-smileys.de/smileys2/logo3.gif[/img:196cb5641e] I'll go along with that. :icon_biggrin:
    Mother Bear

driver is offline Member

Me too :icon_rolleyes:

Keeping him in custody until the end of sept will also cost money why can't these type of things take priority. Like the toiletries battering idea too.