Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got My PR

gossage is offline Member

Default Got My PR

Not too sure if I am posting this is the correct place but I am sure that I will be forgiven :icon_biggrin:

Anyway, I got it! PR that is. Found out last week. My immigration officer says that I will have no problems getting a job, as NZ has a big need for scientists, so this is great news too.

Not planning on going for another 18 months though :icon_cry: . I have two years remaining on my current contract. Wasn't expecting it to all to go through so quickly!

So I guess now I will start bugging you all with lots of questions as I get ready for the move!

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Default Got My PR

Well done Gossage! [img:56348a571f]http://www.my-smileys.de/smileys2/thumbs.gif[/img:56348a571f] The path ahead now lies clear for you. Gives you plenty of time to prepare and research so that you can, hopefully, set off en route for your new life as well-informed as you can be. The best of luck to you.[img:56348a571f]http://www.my-smileys.de/smileys2/globesmilie.gif[/img:56348a571f]
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

kokopeli is offline God like figure

Default Got My PR

Well done Goss! I've been silly busy (watching cricket - yeah!) and haven't visited the site much lately, so it's good to hear that things have moved on. I guess you'll be leaving it as long as possible before you get the passports stamped......

Our deadline is December 10th, so we've been umming and ahhring about selling the house. Had four valuations, didn't like any of the agents, decided to wait until after Christmas....

Chris :icon_confused:

selchie is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

Default Got My PR

Yippee on ya! :026: It's good to get reconfirmation that scientists are in need there. I hope that applies to geologists, too.

I just peeked on at your profile, Gossage. Molecular biology - interresant. So...what's fell walking?
    If men had wings and bore black feathers, few of them would be clever enough to be crows.
    - Rev. Henry Ward Beecher, mid-1800s

Default Got My PR

Selchie........Fell walking is basically hill walking. I go mostly to the Lake District. I love it up there, I can escape from the world for a day or so. I think it is like bush walking!

kokopeli......deadline for the visas to be stamped is 5th March. So yeah planning on leaving it until then. As a scientist I have to stay in my current post until I have published my research and there is the added bonus that I am attending a conference in Melbourne in Oct 2006, which work are paying for :icon_biggrin:

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Default Got My PR

Ah, Gossage! Overlooked you when I posted earlier. Another candidate for the 'Where did you get that name' topic in The Coffee House'? :icon_wink:
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Default Got My PR

Het Goss,

Conference in Melbourne...... and work are paying........ I'm available if you need someone to drive, carry luggage, butter toast, keep the fridge full of tinnies....... :icon_lol:

Just read that you play sax (had to check out the reference to fell walking!). I'm an alto man myself, having sold my tenor to buy a Selmer. Currently playing with a 17 piece swing band, most of whom are over 70! Do you get to play in public or is it strictly at home when the neighbours are out?

Chris

selchie is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

Default Got My PR

Two sax players on the same forum? Oooh. My ears get tingles just thinking about it.

SWING? I love swing! I just wish I knew how to dance. Gotta get the OH to a dance class. I was just listening to the Squirrel Nut Zippers and Big Bad Voodoo Daddy today while I painted the house, and wondered if there would be any swing bands in NZ. If there aren't, I hope one or the both of you start some.
    If men had wings and bore black feathers, few of them would be clever enough to be crows.
    - Rev. Henry Ward Beecher, mid-1800s

Default Got My PR

Hi Selchie,

I keep squirreling away copies of the scores from my current band in the hope that I might be able to get something off the ground when we get to NZ.

Breaking in to an established band is quite hard (unless you play the trombone - never enough of those!). I figured that having new material might be one way to break the ice.......

Default Got My PR

I am only a learner. :icon_frown: I am only grade 3. I have stopped having lessons due to a lack of time, but I do hope to take them up again. It is the alto that I play too. I am hoping that my little boy will take it up when he is old enough. He is only 2 at the moment but I have been told to start him on the violin when he is 3. Poor kids I have got his life planned :icon_confused:

What do you lecture. Where about in NZ are you planning on settling?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast