Thread: Off to London

fisheress is offline Senior Member

Default Off to London

Am off to London tomorrow clutching my ITA! I'm hoping I might get interviewed while I'm down there! We were going to make a sightseeing trip out of it but after July, I don't want to take the kids. I think I've included everything, so fingers crossed! Just hope they don't take for ever to approve..............I want to be in NZ for October half term (going then anyway for job interviews) but it will most likely take longer than that. Just hope we can have our xmas dinner with my brother in Auckland and then stagger back home wherever that may be!

Wish me luck

Fisheress :icon_eek: icon_exclaim.gif :icon_eek: icon_exclaim.gif

Glenda is offline All Knowing Deity

Default Off to London

Good luck Fisheress, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!
    :icon_biggrin:
    Glenda
    In NZ since June 2005
    Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness - Chinese proverb

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Default Off to London

We wish you all the very best Fisheress :smiley20: . Let us know how you get on.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

Default Off to London

Woohoo! On the road to NZ now fisheress :icon_biggrin:
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

tottefan is offline Senior Member

Default Off to London

The best of luck Fisheress. I'm sure everything will be fine. :icon_biggrin: :icon_lol:

Tottefan.

nasha01 is offline Member

Default Off to London

Best of luck.......hopefully you will have interview the same day!!! I was lucky enough to have mine the same day. It will depend upon how busy they are. I would suggest you ask them to check through all your evidence too as this will save time. If you have your interview the same day then your decision should be fairly quick, as was mine.

I hope you have your answer by October.........I am sure you will have. GOOD LUCK :icon_razz: :icon_razz: :icon_razz:

Default Back from London

Trip to London complete and ITA submitted with evidence checked!

It was quiet but no interview and with no job offer ITA now shoved to back of queue..........if I don't get a job offer we could even miss December!! Hubby and I came out very deflated. We're beginning to get sick of the whole thing but, hey, today's a new day!

Teaching jobs are beginnig to surface for Jan 06 and I know now I have to apply for anything and everything....it also looks as if we'll have to chance it in NZ without the permanent residency.

Oh, one thing positive Mother Bear....I asked about my parents and how they would get in. Because they have a sponsor who's been resident for 3 years and more children in NZ they don't need to do the Family Quota thing. They apply under the Family Policy which is to fill in a residency form and have medicals. They informed me that the ballot system hadn't taken place for a few years and I asked why...............no one could tell me!!!

Anyway, am off to forward my CV to 2 schools now!

Fisheress :icon_neutral: :icon_rolleyes:

Blog Entries

Default Off to London

Oh, how disappointing that you didn't get your interview. It's one thing going there and unexpectedly having an interview but quite something else when you went there hoping for one and didn't get it. Do you think this was because you didn't have a job offer in place? Perhaps they only see people who already have a foot in the door with a job offer so they can get them to NZ a.s.a.p. Good luck with trying to find work and, who knows, perhaps the queue that you're now at the back of isn't too long. Let's hope so. Fingers crossed.

Thanks for the info regarding the Family Policy. My worry is that, although I have one son in NZ and one in the UK, my OH has 3 daughters in the UK from a previous marriage, and I'm not sure whether my being the principal applicant would mean they'd only take my kids into account or whether my OH's would completely put a stopper on the whole thing. What would happen if we didn't declare his kids, other than he wouldn't be able to sponsor them in the future if they wanted to emigrate? It would have been good to have both the Family Policy and the Family Quota running as it would give us 2 strings to our bow. But then, who knows what will be happening in the immigration world by the time we get round to applying? :120:
    Mother Bear

Default Off to London

That's a tricky one Mother Bear! I'll keep my eyes peeled for info! At this rate, we might all need to stow away together!

Fisheress
    Oh! have applied for a job in a school in Albany! :119:

Blog Entries

Default Off to London

Aha!! Found this on the Immigration site:

"Children, under the Family Category (Parent Policy), includes:

all biological or adopted children of the principal applicant and any child of the principal applicant?s partner (whether or not the partner is included in the application), [b:3c943009e7]if that child has lived as part of the principal applicant?s family unit for a predominant period of the child?s life between the time their relationship with the principal applicant began and when the child turned 17 years of age."[/b:3c943009e7]

As none of my OH's children have ever lived with us as they are all adults (and I would be the principal applicant), that seems to remove the problem that has most worried me. :041:

Phew!! One hurdle over with, unless they change the rules again :icon_rolleyes: .

Keeping fingers crossed for the job, Fisheress. Good luck. :smiley20:
    Mother Bear