Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does NZ suffer with idiots? You bet.

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

Default Does NZ suffer with idiots? You bet.

Well, in all the time I've been here I've never heard anything so down right idiotic as this.

Some 'youths' decided it would be funny to throw an 8kg lump of concrete from an overpass on to the Auckland motorway below.

This lump of concrete ended up going straight through a 20yr old mans windscreen, killing him outright, also causing his vehicle to crash (travelling at around 100km/h) in to a pole, injuring his 3 passengers.

I've both seen and experienced this kind of outright dangerous stupidity in the UK. It's a sad thing to see it here too.

So there you have it.. bad stuff does happen in NZ, but thankfully it is still a great deal more rare than anywhere I know of.
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

loz
    loz is offline Junior Member

I also see that a 14 year old has been charged with his murder. There are stupid people everywhere but this is just insane.

nattydread is offline God like figure

At least the kiwi's are likely to punish the pratt appropriately..

He'd get a get a nice safari trip in Kenya if he did it in this country...

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Just out of interest, I take it the youngster was a kiwi and not UK immigrant?

Unfortunately, you're probably right about the Kenya trip, Craig :icon_evil: .
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

tottefan is offline Senior Member

Another thing you have to consider is that a lot of the stuff that makes the major NZ headlines wouldn't even make it the UK news.

For example, there was a triple shooting in London a couple of days ago and on the same day (and programme) someone else was stabbed to death (also in London) in broad daylight. This didn't even make the BCC news - it was on London Tonight and even then it was towards the end of the programme.

An old couple were murdered in NZ earlier this year and it formed the news headlines for quite a few weeks. Apparently over 30 policeman were patrolling the local streets for a while after to reassure everyone. Can you imagine this kind of police presence happening in the UK just after a murder?

My cousin who aroused my interest in NZ in the first place said that it's not that there's no crime in NZ, it's just that people are still shocked by it.

Tottefan.

skybluearmy is offline Senior Member

I hope the Kiwi justice system does have more powers to deal with offenders than over here. Last year i was knocked off my motorbike by an idiot who pulled out of a side road and straight into me, i hit his wing, bonnet, windscreen (smashing it with my head and shoulder) roof and then the floor and i was only doing 15 mph. The police decided to prosecute and when it was due to be hear'd the CPS through it out, which made me angry. What made my blood boil was the fact that on the same day in court a driver got convicted and sentenced to one years jail, wait for it ............................... For not producing his documents. :icon_mad:
    The uk justice system sucks, how can a man who has been charged with wreckless and dangerous driving have his case dropped but a man that doesn't show a bit of paper within 2 weeks get imprisoned.
    No wonder i want to get out of this country ::):

nattydread is offline God like figure

thats a damn disgrace...

What were the reasons for it being thrown out..?

Are you over it alright? How was the bike?
    Did the d**khead driver stop after he'd knocked you off?

skybluearmy is offline Senior Member

Thanks craigbalsillie,
    i didn't actually get a reason for the cps throwing it out, even the police didn't know until i told them. My lawyer has sent out a court summons and is doing there own private prosecution.
    I am mostly ok now, although i still occassionally suffer from my neck ( there is still a bit of my spine sticking out that physio couldn't push back into place) and scars on my shoulder,ankle and shin.
    My bike was a total write off ( Kawasaki zx6r A1P) and the dic* head did stop (had no choice really) he didn't admit liability so thats why is going to private prosecution

selchie is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

I was going to ask if you were taking the case to civil court, Skyblue. Good luck.

The way things are going in the US (and possibly UK?), it's a wonder he didn't press charges against you for messing up his car! :icon_mad:
    If men had wings and bore black feathers, few of them would be clever enough to be crows.
    - Rev. Henry Ward Beecher, mid-1800s

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

I have to say that I've heard and read about some pretty crazy and downright scary things going on with regard to British justice in this day and age. No wonder the country is going to the dogs when the chips always seem to fall on the side of the wrong-doer and the innocent party is left wondering what's hit him/her. How on earth did this situation come about and why isn't someone at the top questioning it? If we can see the utter stupidity of their ways, why can't they? :icon_evil:

Please don't ever let me have to go back to the UK to live :107:

British justice....... :notfair: !!
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast