Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thai Air

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Default Thai Air

Has anyone had experience (or know someone who has) of flying with Thai Air? We are hoping to visit Taffy and Welshgirl later in the year and wonder what to expect from the flight. Looking forward to meeting Welshgirl, as our daughter-in-law, for the first time, as we are nomads ourselves through hubbie's work and weren't in the UK to meet her before they set off for pastures new so it will be an epic occasion all round.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

saraian is offline Oh Masterful One

Default Thai Air

Hi Mother bear no experience of Thai air, however I have met your daughter-in-law. I'm sure that experience will be worth the wait, as she is a lovely lovely person. Yours son is a good laugh too. :icon_wink:

In all seriousness Taffy and Welshgirl have been so helpful to us and meeting them was a real pleasure.

Have a great time Mother bear.

Sara

Blog Entries

Default Thai Air

Thanks very much Sara. I heard that your meeting with Taffy and Welshgirl went well and a good time was had by all. I just hope we can get our suitcases in their car when they pick us up at the airport. All those big heads take up a lot of room :icon_wink:

We are really looking forward to visiting NZ (first time for both of us) to see what all the fuss is about. All that greenery will be quite a change for us after the sand colour of the Middle East.

Wish you all the best for your new life down under. Hope it's all you dreamt it would be.
    Mother Bear

Welshgirl is offline Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default Thai Air

[quote:3e44a4f133]I'm sure that experience will be worth the wait, as she is a lovely lovely person.[/quote:3e44a4f133] - Gosh, thanks Sara! Now I really have a reputation to live up to! I do have a bad side you know - Mwahahaha..... :icon_twisted:

[quote:3e44a4f133] I just hope we can get our suitcases in their car when they pick us up at the airport. All those big heads take up a lot of room[/quote:3e44a4f133] - We have made allowances for our heads and bought a big car Bear, so don't worry :icon_wink:

welsh-one is offline Junior Member

Default Thai Air

Welshgirl..........

bought my people carrier last week,so if you wanna borrow it to pick the inlaws up,,,just give me a knock !! :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Dawn

Blog Entries

Default Thai Air

Well, we're all a bit 'off topic' on here (not that it really got underway in the first place). Taffy might spit his dummy out. Never mind ladies, I'll soon sort him. I'll just threaten to tell you what he did to my coveted strawberry patch when he was a kid. :018:

Er, perhaps not. He might ban me. :icon_confused:
    Mother Bear

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

Default Thai Air

I deny all knowledge of any strawberry patch, and most certainly did not dig it all up to make a track for my radio controlled car... :icon_eek: icon_exclaim.gif

In my defence, I did transplant some of said strawberry plants... it's not my fault they all subsequently died as the soil was too poor for them!
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

rahul is offline Junior Member

Default Thai airways

Hi there..

I've been using thai for quite some time now although for shorter flights mostly within SE Asia. I find them great !! Infact I found them better than SQ at times in terms of service. Thai means "smiles" and the thais enjoy serving others. so does their airline.
    Cant say how good or bad they are in mid-east cos I've never been there but my experience with thai has always been good.
    Travelled airNZ when I first visited NZ n decided never to fly with them again !!

cheers
    rahul

Blog Entries

Default Thai Air

Thanks Rahul, that's very comforting to know, especially as we'll be on a long flight with Thai. There's nothing worse than bad service and sullen-looking cabin crew. I would agree with you about the service mentality of the people from SE Asia. They seem to be very pleasant people who don't give the impression that assisting you is a tiresome chore. The Middle East has many SE Asians in the service industry and I much prefer to be dealt with by them than their Arab counterparts who look like every minute spent on the job is one to be endured rather than enjoyed. It makes such a difference to see a smiling face.
    Mother Bear

Maka is offline Member

Default Thai Air

thanks Rahul,

great news...I fly with Thai in October. I do a stopover in Thailand for a couple of weeks and then continue to Auckland. It is very comforting to hear that the service is fantastic. I kind of expected them to be all smiles as Thais are said to be. :icon_lol: I will give them all the smiles back! ::): ::): ::): ::):

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast