Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ok, so now we are nervous!

wendie is offline Junior Member

Default ok, so now we are nervous!

Our house/ business is 19 days from completion. we have sold most of our things, just keeping the precious and irreplacable. we have had our moving quotes (pps, ? 2358, ) not that they were the cheapest, but because they offered us the best overall package.
    Checked out plane tickets. made arrangements to see some of the family before we go.
    We have been waiting on our ltbv for 9 months, ringing nzis regulary.
    we decided that once we had sold our business we would await the outcome in nz.
    Last night we decided to ring nzis again, expecting the usual " you are in a managed queue" but instead we were told you will be assigned your case officer within 5 - 10 working days.
    So now we are on 2 countdowns.
    1 for the moving day.
    2 for the nzis to tell us our fate.
    We have decided that if they turn us down!!!!! we are still going as planned but hubby will have to get a proper job instead.
    So i guess we wont be getting a lot of sleep, and that we will be huggling the telephone at night as we wait for it to give us the news that we so desire.
    Hopefully the case officer will decide before we leave the uk. my we are cutting it fine.
    The stress has at times been unbearable, I've told my husband that I didn't want to play anymore.( ok so I was lying,) we can't wait to get to nz
    it has been a dream for over 12 years. now that we (it was me holding us back)are almost there we are so excited, so scared, butterflies are an understatment.
    But we are doing it, going to be homeless, jobless but finally happy.
    :icon_biggrin:

nattydread is offline God like figure

homeless, jobless and happy..

What more could you ask for?

Well done to you all for making such a bold and brave move.
    Let us know how you get on, I have everything crossed for you.

Glenda is offline All Knowing Deity

Hi wendie,
    Looks like you are almost there!!! :icon_eek: icon_exclaim.gif :041: :icon_eek: icon_exclaim.gif :041:

You've done the hard bit, now just 'go with the flow' ... you are going to NZ and things will sort themselves out. :045: No need to stress ... practice being 'laid back' like a true Kiwi. :icon_biggrin:

Glenda
    Glenda
    In NZ since June 2005
    Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness - Chinese proverb

saraian is offline Oh Masterful One

Hi Wendie

We will be thinking of you. I know what you mean about the butterflies. We set off on the 30th August. With no jobs no home etc...but as my dad says 'you only get one bite at the cherry' what have we to lose eh :icon_wink:

Good luck to you and your family. :icon_biggrin:

moggy is offline God like figure

sara, I still think you're mad, :icon_biggrin: but I know you are going to have a ball. I expect loads of posts to keep us up to date with where you settle.

saraian is offline Oh Masterful One

Mad has hatters that's us! But that's the appeal :031:

Will keep you informed.

We are still waiting on our ITA, we were told by email that we were getting one, but the status on the application on the website is still saying just selected and no form has arrived :icon_frown: Not putting house on market till we get PR

Ruby is offline Junior Member

Hi

We submitted our EOI on Sunday and can not believe we have been selected. I have just checked, I did not bother checking yesterday as I thought the draw was around the 6th/7th for this month so it could have happened yesterday !!!

We realise its very early days but its still very exciting news.

Like you Moggy we are not seling our home untill we get the PR - we have 2 small daughters (aged 11 weeks and 3 years) and my husband and myself don't feel confident enough to go without PR with them being so young.

We still have lots of research to do aswell.

Best of luck to Sara and Ian and family - 27 days to go !!

Regards

Mrs Ruby

Ruby is offline Junior Member

Hi

Sorry forgot - Best wishes to Wendie.

Mrs Ruby

one of our main reasons for waiting is that we want to buy a place a soon as possible after we get there so we can start feeling at home, but we want to buy more that 2 acres of land which is only allowed if you have PR. Don't really want to wait 6 months before having somewhere to call home.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast