Thread: Getting residency - how much does the process cost?

tottefan is offline Senior Member

Default Getting residency - how much does the process cost?

I'm a 22 year old university student with no house in the UK and no student debts. How much does applying for residency roughly cost with all the shipping etc included (i.e. how much does it roughly cost to get residency and get to NZ)?

Tottefan

SteveyC is offline Right Royal Pain In The Posterior

Crumbs thats a question!! How longs a piece of string. I'd start at the fees calculator on NZIS site. Assuming you have enough points to lodge an EOI succesfully, and you're not gonna visit first. You've gotta consider cost to lodge EOI. Cost of Full Application, medicals, police checks, flights and living costs til you get a job. Then depending on whether you ship much or not, shipping costs. Not sure if you didn't know all that but just trying to break it down. I think most people would dread to think exactly how much they have/are going to spend on the whole process. :icon_eek: icon_exclaim.gif

I'll probably have around ?5,000-?7,000 when I go. Do you think this will be enough considering I'm 22, don't have any debts, house to sell etc. Long-term I should also be able to get a decent job.

I was also wondering if perhaps it would be better for me to move over there before applying for residency by getting a job offer first and then applying. Any thoughts?

Totte fan.

nessie is offline Member

Getting permanent residency via skilled migrant for our family of 4 cost about ?2k, but with the new medicals (if they've come in now) that would have been more. I won't say how much in total it is cos I don't want to shock you :icon_wink: but from your circumstances it won't cost nearly as much. Flights for 4 c.?1600 and for dog c.?2000 :icon_eek: icon_exclaim.gif

We went for PR because selling house and moving a whole family over is a big deal, we wanted the certainty that we had the right to live and work there.

[quote:5795b5a3be]I was also wondering if perhaps it would be better for me to move over there before applying for residency by getting a job offer first and then applying. Any thoughts? [/quote:5795b5a3be]

Yes. I don't know the figures, but I'm sure work to residency is a quicker and much cheaper option. FWIW in your shoes and with no ties I'd try that route. Info at NZIS site.

F

Thanks for the advice.

Tottefan