Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Other Options for Emmigration

Ruby is offline Junior Member

Default Other Options for Emmigration

My wife and I are currently in the process of talking to an agent about emmigration to NZ, having done a little research it has become apparent that this is not the only way to achieve our dream. We may or may not qualify under existing rules, this is still to be determined, however we want to explore any and all possibilities. If anyone has any practical advice or experience we would be most grateful.

Thanks...

SteveyC is offline Right Royal Pain In The Posterior

Click on Search
    type in:
    WHV or Working Holiday Visa
    EOI or Expression of Interest
    PR or Permanent Residency
    Working Visa
    Temporary Visa

Before all that go to www.immigration.govt.nz on the Left (quick links) click on Points Indicator, do it, see how you get on.

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

Hi Ruby,

As Steve said, if you search the forum for any of those visa types, you'll get a good idea of just what options are available.

Which route you take varies vastly, depending on what you currently do, what you want to do and how long you are willing to wait to get it!

Take a look at the points indicator on the immigration website, and see what you score. Going as a skilled migrant is pretty much the best option, but it's certainly not the fastest way.

Let us know how you get on :icon_lol:
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

We would prefer to try and go as PR.
    We have been recommeded an agent by friends who are hoping to migrate to Austrailia, its costing them 1,800 pounds which is a lot of money!
    We are now thinking about doing it ourselves.

Let me know if anyone has used an agent and what they thought.

Regards

Mrs Ruby

Save yourself the two grand, loads of people from this forum have done it without an agent, most of them are just rip of merchants.
    Do the Points Indication to see if you can apply for PR through the skilled migrant category, come back and let us know how you got on, you need 100 points to apply. Generally you score points for degrees or eqivlant qualifications and job offers. Extra points can be awarded on age, planned location, whether you are skilled in a trade on there skilled shortage lists and whether you're married (I think).
    A good rule is, if you score over 100 with a job offer you stand a very good chance of getting in. If you score 100 without a job offer you're chances are slimmer but you still stand a good chance but your application will be handled with less urgency.

Hope this helps :icon_biggrin:

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

I dont think there is anyone on here who has used an agent. Unless you really can't face the paperwork, then don't use an agent. They are very expensive, and for 99% of people, are not beneficial at all.

There are so many people on here, going through the same process, that if you have a question, someone will know the answer!

Good luck with it all, anyway :icon_biggrin:
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

hehe as I was writing my last post, I was thinking about the first question I asked on here. Now I'm able to offer alot of advice (good I hope) all through this forum.
    Saint Taffy hmmm has a ring to it I think :icon_biggrin:

Thanks

We are going to cancel the apointment we had for Monday and apply ourselves.

Yes you are right SteveyC the forum is brilliant with lots of friendly helpfull advise.

Regards

Mrs Ruby

Welshgirl is offline Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

oh, and i suppose i don't deserve to be made a saint do I Steve?.... :icon_cry:

:icon_wink:

Can Women be Saints..? *ponders* Course they can, saint mary, saint catherine...all that jazz!! There you go Saint Welshgirl hehe. The only problem is I think you have to be dead before you're saint :icon_eek: icon_exclaim.gif Perhaps Sir Taffy and Dame Welshgirl (is dame the female version of sir?) for now.

Good move on the cancellation Ruby well done, you'll be fine, drinks are on you when you come, now you've saved a trillion pounds worth of agency fees :icon_lol:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast