Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Air Malaysia

SteveyC is offline Right Royal Pain In The Posterior

Default Air Malaysia

They are actually the cheapest at the moment if we fly from Manchester.
    Has anyone flown (should that be flewn?) with them before, how did you find it?
    Also we are thinking of having a 3 day stop over in Kuala Lumpar, anyone know anything about it with regards a stop over? (don't bother saying 'do a google search' :115: )

On a slightly different point did anything happen with your contact Taffy? Can you still get cheap flights or do I need 'moderate' that thread in the suggestions section ::):

saraian is offline Oh Masterful One

Default Air Malaysia

hi Stevey

Well i have never flown with them, but a friend has. They told us not to go with them! Bad experience, having said that that's just one person so i wouldn't be put off. Sinapore airlines are supposed to be brilliant, but a little more expensive than Malaysia.

surferdave is offline Junior Member

Default Air Malaysia

Malaysia airlines are very good. We flew with them to Auckland and back again and they were great.
    Good with the kids and looked after us with drinks/snacks etc.
    The last leg of the journey (KL to Heathrow) was a bit of a let down though. I don't know why but the crew on the flight were not as good as the previous legs of the journey.

All in all though, I would reccomend them and I would fly with them again.

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

Default Air Malaysia

You can moderate that out. Although he was a nice guy and his flights were the same prices as any internet site and great value for the kind of connections you got, he was so useless at answering emails that it wasnt worth placing the system online!

I may be able to dig out his phone number if you want a quote?
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

SteveyC is offline Right Royal Pain In The Posterior

Default Air Malaysia

Thanks everyone, will consider them if they're still cheapest at time of booking then. I heard KL is cheaper than Singapore as well id we stay there for 3 dyas giving the kids a chance to recover.

toots is offline Junior Member

Default Air Malaysia

Hi, we used them this time last year and they were great. Our main reasons for using them were that they did a free side trip to Langkawi (where we stayed for a week) and they had the video screens in the back of the seats! (excellent on long flights)

Our flights were underbooked so we were able to sleep over 2/3 seats each. Food was normal airplane stuff. They'll do children's meals if you ask. We're bothered by the fact we went over our luggage limits either.

We now use Emirates to fly over to Australia for holidays but the 2 companies are both very similar.

jocalla is offline Junior Member

Default Air Malaysia

Hi

I have flown with most airlines even Garuda :icon_lol:

Top of my list is Singapore and Malaysia. Really couldn't fault either, especially with the kids :icon_biggrin: they were great.

One airline I haven't flown with though is Emirates and I have heard they are very good too.

Joanne

joelle is offline Member

Default Air Malaysia

Hi,

We've flown air Malaysia when we went to Auckland and we didn't experience any problems with them. Although I must admit I've heard the best are Singapore airlines.

Joelle

krapotkin is offline Junior Member

Default Air Malaysia

Malaysia are just great. Singapore does have a good reputation, but i have know of one family who said that one leg of their fight was awaful. Cabin crew have alot to do with this.
    I would happily fly Malaysia any time , as well as Cathy Pacific.

It's a shame that people choose not to fly air New Zealand. Alot of Kiwi's wouldn't fly with anyone else( mind you can only use flybuy's with them).
    If they came east instead of west i believe Air NZ would be popular too!

kiwi_fairy is offline Senior Member

Default Air Malaysia

I think we're flying Air New Zealand when we visit. :017: We haven't booked our tickets yet.
    When is it cheapest to purchase tickets? Should we get them [i:9663a3e9f3]very[/i:9663a3e9f3] soon, if we're flying out in early November?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast