Thread: Sky One NZ Gangs

SteveyC is offline Right Royal Pain In The Posterior

Default Sky One NZ Gangs

Apparently last night there was a program about gangs in Christchurch and other places in NZ. Talking about gang leaders being able to walk through 'anywhere' and people making a path for him.
    I had about 6 texts from different people saying it looked real bad but Idon't have Sky One.
    I don't spose anyone watched it/taped it/knows more about it do they?

Cheers

Steve

skybluearmy is offline Senior Member

Default Sky One NZ Gangs

Hi steve, i watched it and it seemed they had more of a problem with the gangs in the 70's/80's.One part of the gang (Mongrels) were all sent to jail a few years ago for drug offences and there hut was demolished.
    It wasn't that bad, except for the bit where they went into the jail that i am going to work in and said that the gangs run the place :icon_frown:

I must say there are gangs of one sort or another everywhere in the world, so it doesn't really bother me :icon_confused:

SteveyC is offline Right Royal Pain In The Posterior

Default Sky One NZ Gangs

Yeah I figured it was overhyped!! Its good to know these things tho, I thought I may not notice gang activity in the UK but in a population of 4 mil, it may be a bit more evident and has a chance of affecting you. Its only pier to pier anyway it seems, its not like I'm gonna go around upsetting mauris and bringing there wrath down on my family anyway.

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

Default Sky One NZ Gangs

The gang wars are literally that.. battles between gangs. Rarely will an outsider get dragged in to anything of their doing.

I think there are 2 gangs left in NZ now, the mongrel mob and black power, which in reality are quite small for gangs, and only scrap with eachother.
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

skybluearmy is offline Senior Member

Default Sky One NZ Gangs

Thats right Taffy, theres only 2 gangs left and as you said they are the mongrels and black power. There was only one mention of a civilian getting killed, and that was only opportunistic and not pre meditated :icon_sad:
    There was a general concensus that they are turning more and more to drugs and thats why they are on the decline ( because they are not following their code :icon_question: ) and the police are getting more convictions ::): .
    The jails are putting the gangs on the same unit, so they can keep each other in check( i shall look forward to that ) :icon_eek: icon_exclaim.gif