Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: nz on tv

papafauney is offline Junior Member

Default nz on tv

watch Sky travel today 4th june. it has programs about nz every hour all day! :icon_biggrin:

nattydread is offline God like figure

Default nz on tv

Did you see the footage of the planes landing at Wellington Airport?

I'd sooner walk there!

Andyok is offline Member

Default nz on tv

None of the programs have put NZ in a good light, the plane was mad, I won't be flying to Wellington. The ferry crossing didn't look too great either. I just hope there isn't an earthquake when we're passing through. If we don't get lost in the forest,survive the plane crash, earthquakes, and the ferry doesn't sink we'll have a great time. Scenery still looked worth it though. :icon_lol:

selchie is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

Default nz on tv

I didn't see the Sky TV shows, so don't know what they showed. Sounds like they may have shown bad weather examples. We flew into & out of Wellington last November - no big deal. And the Interislander Ferry (regular, not the catamaran) was OK, though I got a bit woozy on the return to the North Island because of the swells. I hear it's no fun when the weather is nasty. Although faster (1 hour vs. 3), the catamaran is called the "vomit comet".

Having lived in California for 45 years, I have enjoyed a number of earthquakes. Only one scared the stuffing out of me, but it was sharp, loud and woke us up from a dead sleep. Not much damage, though. The nasty ones are rare, so don't worry too much about them.
    If men had wings and bore black feathers, few of them would be clever enough to be crows.
    - Rev. Henry Ward Beecher, mid-1800s

SteveyC is offline Right Royal Pain In The Posterior

Default nz on tv

Thats why the houses are made of wood, they don't hurt as much when they fall on your head :icon_wink:

Welshgirl is offline Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default nz on tv

Oh, you're so optimistic Steve...... :icon_eek: icon_exclaim.gif :icon_wink:

selchie is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

Default nz on tv

And if they're made well, they just hop off the foundation, and you can put them right back up!
    If men had wings and bore black feathers, few of them would be clever enough to be crows.
    - Rev. Henry Ward Beecher, mid-1800s

netchicken is offline Senior Member

Default nz on tv

Riding the Interislander has now been clasified as an "extreme adventure" like bungie jumping and paragliding.

Every couple of weeks some new problem appears. in the weekend a lifeboat on the ferry wasn't working so the boat returned to port and everyone was delayed up to 3 hours.

SteveyC is offline Right Royal Pain In The Posterior

Default nz on tv

Is there sharks in that bit of water or is it just up by northland they dwell? The water always looks freezing on footage of the islander ferry, is it colder in different place around NZ, obviously the Lakes willl be really cold.

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

Default nz on tv

Sharks dont stray that far down (not normally anyway!).

They are supposed to be replacing some or all of the inter-islander ferries... with some second hand ships from somewhere else in the world!
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast