Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why I want to move to nz!

nattydread is offline God like figure

Default Why I want to move to nz!

..or How stupid am I, if you are a kiwi reader.

This is my day so far....

Up at 0545
    Cracked the heating on as it's the 2nd of june and supposed to be summer.
    Hauled the kids out of bed at 0630..
    Switched the tele on to a news story of a 5 yewar old recovering in hospital after a gang of 11 and 12 year olds had tried to kill him..

Sat on the M8 for the best part of 2 hours watching the rain bouncing off mine and everyone else's car..

At about 1530(ish) I need to set off for the return 2 hour journey to pick the kids up from rip off nurseries and after school's clubs..

and then after finishing my days work at 2330 tonight I'll go to bed and start the whole thing again tomorrow moring at 0545

So much for the work / Life balance..!!!!

Please Please Please tell me the New Zealand police would have me arrested and shot for being so bloody stupid...!!!

saraian is offline Oh Masterful One

Well Said, I don't think NZ police will shoot you though, hope not or I'm a gonna too!!

Nonie is offline Member

I left home in the rain at 6.20 this morning and returned, in the rain, at 7.30 this evening. I expect I will still have to get up around 6.30 as most jobs in Auckland seem to start around 8 but I'm used to that and it doesn't bother me. But.... :icon_biggrin: I fully expect to be at home before 6pm at the latest. That's 10 extra hours in my life for me every week. Isn't it just brilliant? :icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin:

exactly.. 10 hours... Thats a full working day extra... plus a bit more..

The rain has stopped at last.
    The sun didn't come out afterwards though. No sign of any sunshine as yet.

Someone said summer was booked for the 20th June this year..

I'll believe it when I see it.

NickampJacky Guest

Default just to upset you all..........

Had an email from my brother in Nelson (NZ, not Lancs!). He was up at 5.30 on tuesday, and didnt get back until after 9pm, spent all day slogging & toiling away under what was still a surprisingly hot sun. He had to take his 7 year old son with him too.

The only difference being, that he was up so early to catch the tide and spent the whole day on his boat catching snapper & blue cod in peloros sounds. And he had to take his son, 'cos thats the kinda guy he is.

I can agree that the weather here is pants, we had a bbq on saturday...in our garden shed & I still have blood shot eyes! I guess that rush our traffic up here in cumbria isnt so bad, apart from the day of the farmers auction! But every weekend when we read the papers (have given up reading papers & news during the week as its so so depressing), it strengthens our resolve to go for it!

If summers booked for the 20th June, thats just bloody fantastic....its a monday...and they are bad enough without having to watch the sunshine from the wrong sid of the glass!

NicinNZ is offline Junior Member

hi,
    I am a stay at home mum so my days are pretty much the same but hubbyused to get up at 0530 most days drive to london from suffolk( 2?ish hr at that time in the morning) and then he would do a whole days work and then hdrive home again during rush hour so would spend the best part of 4hrs getting home, so most weeks he would not get to see our girls from sunday evening till the following saturday morning!!!
    Now he is home by 5.03pm so we can all sit down and have a chat about our day.
    but hay i still get to do the washing up!!!
    Nicola

TheWaters is offline Senior Member

On the subject of weather...We live on Romney Marsh in Kent and today were woken by the dog getting agitated at 5.30, by 6.30 we worked out why. The thunder started...and didn't stop till bout 1pm roughly 7.5 hrs!!!

The poor dog went ballistic (sp?) :icon_frown: I fewlt awful leaving him at home today (usually comes with me) but I work on the coast and it's usually worse there but turns out twas worse at home today.

We have never experienced so frequent or prolonged storms since we moved here. Can we expect that in NZ or is it fairly reasonable?

Bye for now. Helen

fisheress is offline Senior Member

We too are trying to escape this rat race of a lifestyle....not just for our sakes but for our kids. We have realised that we are training them to work all the hours god sends, give up family life and if leisure time does feature, it demands you spend lots of money for the priviledge. Hopefully the man with the ITAs will put a stop to this soon.

Oh and the fact that while my hubbie was working on bank holiday monday, he had a gun shoved in his face by a man who had just knifed someone may just be a contributing factor

Fisheress

saraian is offline Oh Masterful One

I would say that is a major contributing factor Fisheress, I hope he's ok.

Yes lets get our children out!

hope Mr Fisheress is okay..

The perfect kick in the Ar$3 if ever one was needed..

Couldn't agree more about what you say about the kids..

Nick&Jacky's reply made me laugh..

I was very disheartened when I first started reading it.. expecting the poor guy to have been doing something similar to me..

Almost cried when I got to the "punch line". One of the things I plan to do when I get to NZ is take up sailing so it appealed to me even more..

Thanks all for the replies.. Was very frustrated when I put it on. I'm sure there are some (Mr Fisheress for example) in a worse situation than me...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast