Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rain

Andyok is offline Member

Default Rain

NZ seems to have a lot more rainfall than UK. This seems to be more prevalent, from all the weather sites, in Auckland. Does it rain more than the UK and if so why doesn't anybody care? We are going to settle in Christchurch, if we're lucky :icon_biggrin: I'm a keen golfer so I don't want too much rain :icon_sad: . I know, us Brits always talk about the weather that's because there's nothing better to talk about. Oh yes house prices :icon_evil:

nessie is offline Member

Default Re: Rain

[quote:b65222de5a="Andyok"]I'm a keen golfer so I don't want too much rain[/quote:b65222de5a]

Should be fine in Chch; warmer, dryer and more sunshine :icon_biggrin:

http://www.emigratenz.org/NewZealand...l#christchurch

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

Default Rain

:icon_eek: icon_exclaim.gif

I hope thats not a link to another forum!!

:icon_evil:

:icon_biggrin:
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

nessie is offline Member

Default Rain

[quote:3d5a113cc8="Taffy"]I hope thats not a link to another forum!![/quote:3d5a113cc8]

:icon_redface: errr...its weather statistics, it just happens to be hosted there :icon_redface: :icon_lol:

Blog Entries

Default Rain

Thats ok really...

Just that particular place kicked me off for 'spamming' because I had my domain name in my signature! Just to note, at the time MANY others had links in their signatures, just mine happened to be to 'competition'!

They dont allow links to anyone elses forums... more to the shame...

Anyway... enough talk of competitors! You can post what you like! It's all about help, not competing!
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

nattydread is offline God like figure

Default Rain

When you say more rainfall than the UK..

I'm guessing it depepnds where in the UK you lived (or live)

Here in Scotland, I will be very surprised if NZ gets more rain than here, even in the wetter north island.

Also, at the risk of sounding like a coucil spokesman, it will be a different kind of rain in NZ. The ones who are there will know better than me, but , I suspect the rain doesn't stop the kiwi's from getting out and about.

As they say in Cumbria, there's no such thing as bad weather, Just bad clothing... (or words to that effect)

Andyok is offline Member

Default Rain

Thanx Nessie, very informative. :icon_biggrin:

SteveyC is offline Right Royal Pain In The Posterior

Default Rain

From my brief research into climate (as its not massive issue for us) I found that, whilst there was more rainfal, they also had more sunshine hours than the UK. I drew the conclusion from this that, when it does rain, it rains briefly and heavily instead of those long drizzly days we have here.

Blog Entries

Default Rain

True enough on that one! It clouds over, hammers it down for a little while, and then the sun comes out almost as if to apologise for the inconvenience!
    Taffy

Andyok is offline Member

Default Rain

Thanx everybody. All sounds reassuring, I lived in Canada for two years and that's similar to what happened there. The winters were very cold, however, it was a dry cold. Ski-ing was a pleasure, even at -20. Is it the same out there on the south island?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast