Thread: X BOX

jamasc is offline Junior Member

Default X BOX

I am hoping he will not feel the need to use it in NZ.

But as with any other 12 year old my son enjoys his games console amongst his other activities.

he is desperate to know if his would work if we were to ship it over, would he be able to buy games and would they work.

Any ideas.

We are intending to not be indoors that often but I am sure there will be times when he needs to save the universe, be a brilliant striker or Grand prix champion.

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

Default X BOX

To be honest, i'm not sure that it would work. NZ TV sets operate on a different PAL set to UK TV's, so there is a good possibility that the picture/sound will be affected. There may also be a problem with regions on the games, although we have a NZ playstation which will run UK games.

I would sell that one and get a new one over here. May as well get what you can for that one, rather than bring it over and find its no use to anyone!

Of course, someone else may well have brought one over and found it works fine, so hold that thought for a while!
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

jamasc is offline Junior Member

Default X BOX

Thanks for that,

It was not really the answer I wanted but is the one my sone wanted as he's afetr a newer model.

NicinNZ is offline Junior Member

Default X BOX

hello
    His XBox will work fine my huuby's does :icon_evil:
    Nicola

toots is offline Junior Member

Default X BOX

My son's got a NZ Xbox and it works just fine on his UK portable TV.

His UK PS2 also works on our NZ TV so I don't think there's any problem at all with the signals. He plays both UK and NZ games on both machines and they're all fine

The only thing we have found is that sometimes NZ DVD's (ie. films) won't play on his PS2. Some will, some won't. May be the same for an Xbox perhaps.

All you do need is an adapter so you can plug it into the mains, or you could buy a new fly lead when you get here.