Thread: EOI selection points

Maka is offline Member

Default EOI selection points

Hi everybody,

I have read on NZIS pages that they are looking for reviewing selection points. I would have 160 points with job an offer, but can't move before October (...and can't get an offer, before I move :icon_cool: ).

Does anybody know more about that. Is it likely to go over 160 ?...hope not!

thanks
    Maka

saraian is offline Oh Masterful One

We are in the same situation Maka, if it goes up that much we will have had a great holiday for 6months to a year! I'm scared now :icon_confused:

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

NZIS was on the news yesterday. Seems they're in the firing line for granting people residency who didnt have legitimate jobs. People had been bribing kiwis to make up jobs for them to gain residency.

Apparently, this is all due to the NZIS being bogged down with work, and they are pressing the Govt for extra cash to take on more staff.

I wouldnt be suprised if the points take a big leap skywards to give NZIS some breathing space, but they wont stay up there for long, I'm sure.
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

saraian is offline Oh Masterful One

Still scared, we will just have to keep extending work permit, I've just said all this in Taffy's cafe. :icon_wink:

Maka is offline Member

No, No, No, I am hoping for the poinst to remain under 160 :icon_eek: icon_exclaim.gif .
    I would have more than that given that NZ Gov would recognize my work experience of 4 ys. Sadly, I am from Czech and that is not considered "comarable labour market" for NZ Gov. I have lobbied at our embassy, and they even have promised to rise this with NZIS. :icon_question: it will take ages, if ever to change the legislation, I don't rely on that.

I think that Taffy is right about increasing the points a lot. I keep on reading NZ press and get a feeling that NZ people are fed up with immigrants.... :icon_frown:

Saraian, anyway, we can work it out with prolonging visa, sad enough.

We will survive :icon_twisted:

Maka