Thread: Baby Injections

SteveyC is offline Right Royal Pain In The Posterior

Default Baby Injections

Some of you may know that we were expecting our second son around now, well he's here, healthy 8Ib1 ickle boy, born on Friday 13th (eek)
    anyway as we plan to come as soon as house completes (hopefully around July, maybe earlier if we're lucky) newborn will need 2,3, and 4 month injections. We'll probably still be here for 2 month one but what about the other two?
    Will we have to have them done privately, on medical insurance or will the public health service do it? If anyone knows/could find out it would a huge help really.

Thanks all (perhaps one of you nurses already there could help)

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

Default Baby Injections

Hi Steve,

Congratulations!!

As to your question, we'll make some enquiries!
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

Glenda is offline All Knowing Deity

Default Baby Injections

Congratulations Steve!

:038: :038: :038:

My daughter was born on Friday 13th! And she's lovely! It is [i:e6db819fb0]just[/i:e6db819fb0] a date on the calendar. :icon_biggrin:

Personally, I would wait and have all the injections in NZ. They may have a different strain there. A month should not make any difference - some parents refuse to allow their children to have the injections at all over concern about their ingredients and mercury content. I'm not saying go that far though. :icon_neutral:

Congratulations again!
    Glenda
    In NZ since June 2005
    Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness - Chinese proverb

saraian is offline Oh Masterful One

Default Baby Injections

congratulations Steve and family! :icon_biggrin:

Welshgirl is offline Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default Baby Injections

Hi Steve,

Congratulations to you and your family on your new arrival :038:

I agree with Glenda - I would wait until you come to NZ and have all his jabs done here. They do have slighty different immunisations here, so if you get him done in the UK, they'll only tell you to have him done again when you get here.... Plus they have a Hepatitis B jab over here which they don't have in Britain.

As far as I'm aware, you should be able to get the immunisations done for free. We haven't even got PR yet but our daughter was still entitled to free Meningitis B jabs at school..... For the other immunisations, the only thing you may have to pay for is the visit to the GP to get the jabs done!

Anyway, someone will correct me if I'm wrong with this info, but in the meantime, Congrats again! :icon_biggrin: