Thread: help nusre has job offer what next?

jamasc is offline Junior Member

Default help nusre has job offer what next?

Hi all,

would be greatful if any one could offer me any advice at all.

I have a job offer to work in a hospital in south cantabery, but have no visa or registration with NZNC as yet.

Not sue what the best process will be.

I am awaiting my police check and then I can send all my documentation to NZNC

However I am unsure what to do about immigration, must have spent 24 hours on NZIS web site and come away dispondant and very confused.

I have a partner of 18 yrs and an 11 yr old son, we really wanted to apply for residency but as I am not yet working in NZ looks as if this is not possible.

We will be moving on my job offer and qualifications, my partner has lots of experience in lots of working environments but no formal quaklifications but he will be willing to do any thing once we get to NZ and our son is settled.

Do we apply for work to residency?
    Is my partner abls to do this?
    or do we apply for work permits for both of us and a student visa for my son?

my potential employers would like me to start at the end of the yaer but are very understanding and willing to move this date if necessary.

So my question is whats the easiest way to move to and be able to work in NZ with the option to be able to stay there perminately.

Thanks sorry for rambling. :icon_eek: icon_exclaim.gif

saraian is offline Oh Masterful One

Default congratulations

Hi Jayne Congratulations on the Job offer. I'm so envious :icon_confused: If it was me I would be going on the work permit and student visa as you said for quickness. Having said that I'm new to this, i would say Taffy is probably the best for advise of this kind of stuff. I'm sure he will answer you soon. I've sent you a pm as you live in the same place as us.

Sara

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

Hi,

If you have a job offer, get yourself a couple of work permits and a student visa, and then apply for residency once you get here.

You dont need to go via the WTR visa as you are a nurse, which is a welcomed skill in NZ!
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

Hey Taffy, did I get it right for once!

Get yourself gone Jayne it's gotta be better than Donny. We will be behind you shortly so keep in touch!

curtis913 is offline Junior Member

Default Nursing jobs

Hi Jayne, my wife is a staff nurse with about 20 years experiance and we are hoping she will be able to secure a job to allow us to move in on a work visa.

We've already been in contact with an agency found in the back of the nursing times, who deal with placements in NZ, so thats a start.

Are you able to recommend any particular advice on employment routes you found good or not?

We're looking at Hawkes Bay area, I guess most major centres have hospitals that need nurses?

Regards

Tony

jamasc is offline Junior Member

Hi all,

Thanks for your replies,

we now have all the paper work and forms to fill in for work visas, but I think I have to wait until I am registered with the NZ nursing council before sending them off. I understand that the NZ nursing council are not always very fast at releasing documents. So its a waiting game at the momement, lots to do in the mean time though, such as sorting out 20 years worth of hoarding and selling the house, which with the housing market could take forever.

keen to keep in touch with you Sarah, how are you progressing with your move. where in Doncaster do you live. I agree with you NZ is better than Doncaster and can not wait to get there.

Hi Tony,

I tried nursing agencies at first, but because I do not do ward work at the moment they were not keen to support me and I found their processing quite long winded.

I actually contacted a hospital direct, and they offered me a telephone interview with in a couple of days of recieving my CV. I was offered the job within 5 weeks of our first contact, not sure if I'm good or they are desperate.

Good luck every one love Jayne

Hi Jayne, We live in a village near Sprotborough, where are you?
    We have done it all back to front, everyone thinks we are crazy,I reckon you have one shot so make it a good shot. we have sold our house,so we are risking it on a 6mth visa if Ian dosen't get a job offer in the next few months. waiting for the house to complete then we will make our mind up about when to go! Would like to be in NZ for christmas though. I have sent you a pm but they seem to be sat in my outbox a day or two before going. You may get it soon.

Midder is offline Member

Hi Jayne,

I posted a reply to you on the general forum under introduce yourself.t

Basically, it takes as long, if not longer to get your registration as it does to receive PR. Well, it did in my case. But other postings from nurses have said that their registration took forever. You won' t be able to work on a WHV as a nurse without your registration. So, your best bet is to get your EOI in and apply for your registration straight away IMO.

Hope this helps, and good luck in your new job and life
    Midder