Thread: IT jobs

moggy is offline God like figure

Default IT jobs

can anyone help with finding out the rate of pay for IT jobs, ie programming. All the job sites seem to advertise them without salaries specified and I have had no response to requests for help from IT recruitment agencies. I guess that they are not interested because I am not wanting to apply for the jobs just yet.

This will be a big factor in deciding to go or not, so really need to find out soon.

andrea04 is offline Junior Member

Default IT jobs

Hi Moggy,

Here come two links with a large number of occupations... some of them from IT sector. You can see what is an equivalent wage for the certain job in Canada and Australia as well.
    Hope these help...
    http://www.australien-ausbildung.com...bs_salary.html
    http://www.emigratenz.org/Work.html

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

Default IT jobs

Hi moggy,

Really depends on what languages you write in and level of skill, and also where in the country you live!

I've seen software developers salaries range from $40,000 to well over $100,000.

If you're a highly skilled Java or VC++ programmer, then good money is on offer. VB not so good, anything .NET is hot stuff right now, Visual FoxPro seems be kicking around for sensible money.

If no money is listed by an agency, you have no chance of finding out. Trying to get any financial details from them is harder than getting a straight answer from the NZIS website!
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

Default IT jobs

I've done VB, VB.NET, loads of web stuff as well and the usual database stuff as well which is lucky and by the time I get there should have a years experience of C# (as long as they dont catch wind of me emmigrating and cancel the course I am due to go on shortly anyway)

kiwi_fairy is offline Senior Member

Default IT jobs

this has been a most helpful thread :icon_mrgreen:

what area of computers is in most demand? from that list that you posted, it seems like the computer programmers have it made :icon_wink:

Default IT jobs

[quote:b7e752e487="kiwi_fairy"]what area of computers is in most demand? from that list that you posted, it seems like the computer programmers have it made :icon_wink:[/quote:b7e752e487]

The jobs that usually command the most money are always the ones using the latest technologies and languages. Anything Microsoft based will get you more money. The only IT qualifications worth doing are the Microsoft certification ones.

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

Default IT jobs

Aint that the truth! On pretty much every IT related job, the employer wants an MCSE or MCP or at very least, one of the CompTIA Network+ or A+.

The odd thing is, they ask for these qualifications, no matter what the job is or what the pay is, so even if you dont have them, you should still apply. You might get a few knockbacks purely for not having these, but hell, is that the kind of company you want to work for anyway? One that wont employ you because of a piece of paper as opposed to your outstanding skill, experience and personality?!
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

kiwi_fairy is offline Senior Member

Default IT jobs

thanks. :) I'll keep that in mind.