Thread: .....and what about the rest of the Brood

Col44 is offline Junior Member

Default .....and what about the rest of the Brood

Hello Peeps
    Say I get job before going over with an Accredited Employer, get Work Permit with the view to applying for PR asap, what do the rest of the Family need with regards to visa's etc . When settled Helen (better half) plans to look for work ,obviously she will need a work permit but would my Reidency application cover the whole family? and how soon could the kids get enrolled into a school ,5 yr old going into her 1st year at primery and 9 yr old also there will be a Wee Sprocket aged about 1 by the time we move .......... :042:

SteveyC is offline Right Royal Pain In The Posterior

Pretty sure work permit covers whole family, obviously you need to 'declare' them as such. If not skilled migrant application definitely does. Failing that, they can come on Visitors visa anyway from the UK with just there passport, solving all problems assuming you have job already. It shouldn't take 6 months for eveything to go through if you're already in NZ with a job, thus they'll be abe to be included in your PR application.

saraian is offline Oh Masterful One

I was under the impression that Ian get's a work permit and we have to come either on visitor permit or if kids go to school and I want to carry on with study, student visa's. Don't think your family are covered with your permit. We plan to hopefully get a job (easy as that :icon_confused: ) That is Ian, I and the kids get student visa's or visitors permits, have not decided yet. Once there apply for PR. Could be wrong though but thats how I understood it.

Sara

Glenda is offline All Knowing Deity

Nothing is every clear on the NZIS site. :icon_confused:

I checked up on student visas and it says that if the tuition is for less than three months then a student visa is not necessary. Doesn't say whether you still have to pay or whether this can be interpreted as giving us three months' grace before getting PR. My kids will be in school 2 months on a visitor visa; I think I will put them in school and say nothing.
    Glenda
    In NZ since June 2005
    Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness - Chinese proverb

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

Clarity to the rescue!

saraian, when Ian gets his work permit, you are entitled to a partners work permit, and the kids can have student visas. Only the WHV means you would be stuck with visitors permits.

The thing about not needing a student visa for 3 months means if you intend to take up a course which is no longer than 12 weeks, you dont need a student permit. The 12 weeks must be the complete start to finish of the course, so the kids would not be able to go to school on visitors visas, with school being a full time 'course'.
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

saraian is offline Oh Masterful One

Thanks Taffy, just keep going round in circles. When Ian gets a job I'll panic and send you about 300 pm's get ready you two. Only joking don't worry. :icon_wink:

Col44 is offline Junior Member

thanks Guys :icon_biggrin:

Glenda is offline All Knowing Deity

Thanks Taffy,

Guess I ought to apply for those Student visas ... all four of them. :icon_rolleyes:
    Glenda
    In NZ since June 2005
    Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness - Chinese proverb

deeteejay is offline Junior Member

If you get student visas for kids do you have to pay for their education at a state school, (ie as an international student). We may have to go over on a work permit and this is one of the main worries.

Deeteejay

Welshgirl is offline Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

If you have a work permit, you only have to pay domestic school fees for any dependent children ::):

HTH