Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Still waiting and getting very down

fisheress is offline Senior Member

Default Still waiting and getting very down

Hello
    We were selected on 8.2.05 and have still heard nothing. We were hoping to be in NZ for 1st Sept 2005. Now it's looking unlikely, I'm a teacher and to leave in July I need to hand my notice in by 31st May 2005. If I can't I am stuck here until December.

I can't get a job offer yet to hasten my application, as the earliest I can start teaching in NZ is 10th Oct 2005 and those jobs aren't out yet. I am panicing like mad now as my dream seems to be vanishing as every day goes by.

Thank you for listening to my tale of woe........now I'll finish my wine glass of baileys and try to cheer myself up. If anyone from immigration is reading this........please send my ITA asap
    :009:

Fisheress

PS Midder.... Congratulations hope all goes well!!

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

Hi fisheress,

Sadly, it does take a long time if you dont have a job offer. Keep your chin up, and the baileys down, and it'll happen soon enough :icon_biggrin:
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

AnitaampMarco is offline Junior Member

Hi Fisheress,

My advice would be to try contacting the NZIS office in London to hear what has happened. This seems a very long time when I compare it with a lot of other applicants.

Don't just sit and wait!!!
    Action is needed.
    Good luck and keep us posted.
    Anita

Thanks Anita
    I have taken your advice and emailed NZIS. If they don't mail back I'll ring. I've also emailed my man at the NZQA to see where that one's up to. If I miss my May deadline I'll scream!

Thanks again! Oh and Taffy, the Baileys stayed down well....even the fourth glass.........so there was something to celebrate after all.

Fisheress

SteveyC is offline Right Royal Pain In The Posterior

Don't know if you've read any of the posts (mostly my questions :icon_redface: ) on WHVs they seem realy easy to get, and realtively cheap too. How bout jacking job in as planned getting WHV and temping with a teaching agency when you get out there. They must have them and that would give you both the contacts and the flexibility wouldn't it?
    Not entirely sure they'd let you do that with PR application already in place but they may look at your case seperately in light of your predicament.
    Just a thought, sorry if its no good.

Thanks Stevey.
    That is at the back of my mind but seems so temporary with the 2 kids in tow. Haven't ruled it out just yet. Will read your posts to get more info. Cheers

Fisheress

No Probs Fisheress, I worry a little about the same thing, but I just think, going ahead and taking the bit between teeth, shows NZIS (eventually) that you're willing and if you get job you're already influencing the country positively.
    Bit worried about the visitor visas for other half and children also, but if you think about it, it's not like you would go 6months in UK without finding a job, if its urgent even if you have to settle for second best.
    Obviously I know nothing about NZ teaching agencies but in the UK, you sign up to temp and you're placed within a couple of weeks. I'm sure teachers go off with stress left right and centre in NZ too.

Thanks again Stevey!
    Had some good news in my hour of gloom. My qualifications have been assessed now so I should also be a registered teacher now in NZ. Just about to email my recruitment lady to let her know the good news. So if I was to do the WHV thing...atleast I'm eligible to teach now!!!!!! :icon_lol:

Fisheress

There you go then, burden yourself with heavy worries no more ::):

SteveNetWriter is offline Oh Masterful One

Oh great, haven't posted for a while, and I get to say this :icon_sad:

fisheress,
    When you get your ITA, even you if you submit by return, at the moment without a job offer, it's taking about 4 weeks to get to an interview. Then up to a week to get PR.
    So I really can't see you getting the certainty of PR before the end of May.

The time to get your ITA is very much a lottery, and of course people with higher points keep jumping ahead of you in the queue.

Good luck
    Steve

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast