Thread: At Long Last

Midder is offline Member

Default At Long Last

Hi all,

I eventually got a confirmation email this morning from the Midwifery Council in NZ to say that I have been accepted on to the register. Just a wee word of warning to anyone who is looking to work as a nurse or a midwife in NZ - Get started really early!!!! It has taken me approx. 5 months to get everything in to them, then the Board have to meet to make a decision, and then finally decide whether your worth the risk. So that's it now, boxes have started to be packed, the dogs been booked in for her flight, the house is sold and we move out in 3 weeks, and our flights are booked for 5 June. Oh my god!!! It all sounds so scary when I put it like that.

Mind you I think all the hassle, paperwork, tears (mostly mine) and money, will all be worth it in the end. So for all those Aucklanders and potential Aucklanders, we'll see you in June. Mind you you'll probably hear us first. It's exciting and petrifying all at the same time

See ya
    Midder

saraian is offline Oh Masterful One

Default At Long Last

Congratulations. which pet carries did you use? We are expecting a couple of grand for our dog is that about right?

Midder is offline Member

Default At Long Last

Hi,

we used Golden Arrow Shippers. They're doing all the paperwork and tests. We have a Border Collie, and it's costing around ?1800 for everything. We are boarding her for 4 weeks before she comes out, and Golden Arrow take ?6 per night. Still pretty reasonable compared to a lot of others.

Midder

Default At Long Last

Thanks Midder,

Have they had good reports then, worried about how Lizzie will take it all she is a beagle.

Midder is offline Member

Default At Long Last

Hi,

They,ve had lots of recommendations on this forum. They are also really helpful over the phone, and can answer any questions you have. Even though we don't have an address in NZ, the guy who runs the company is going to let me use the address of a friend that lives in Auckland.

You need to check out rentals though, because a lot of landlords won't take in pets.

I'll give you their number though, no website. When they send you their information booklet, they will also send a book of letters from home. It's letters from owners who have used them to ship their pets, and they are all over the world.

The number is 01588 680240.

Hope this helps

Midder

Default At Long Last

Thanks for the advice Midder Great to know.
    Sara