Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All this waiting!!!

phill is offline Junior Member

Default All this waiting!!!

Can anyone tell me how you first find out if you are going to get an ITA? I check on the internet every morning but still just see "selected" next to my application. Does it change when they decide you're OK? or does it stay the same and you just get sent the stuff?
    It's only been two weeks but I'm desperate to get things started!!
    Thanks

Phill

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

Hi Phil,

When you log in to NZIS, look at the very top of the page and click on 'Whats Happening?'

Its generally more correct that the quick indicator as soon as you log in. The status will change when something happens anyway. You'll probably see it revert back to 'Payment received', which is worrying! But when you click on that whats happening link, it will tell you the exact status of your application. Wont be long now, i'm sure :icon_biggrin:
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

Default All this waiting....

Thanks Taffy - I knew we could rely on you to put our minds at ease! Any idea how easy / hard it will be to find work and accommodation in the Gisborne area? That's where we are looking at to settle - thought it might be good because of the wide age ranges of our children, 6, 10, 12, 13 and 16 and there are supposed to be good schools there.

Phill

NW2NZ is offline Junior Member

Hi Phill,

Your status will probably change to Decision Successful once your ITA has been issued and the ITA parcel is delivered within a day or so by Special Delivery...Postman will need a signature.

I know a couple who have settled in Gisborne and love it. He's a nurse on $39,000, wife doesn't work yet and they have a young child...they love it and wouldn't return to the UK.

Good luck :icon_biggrin:

Thanks Phill.
    Sharon's doing her nut with all this waiting! Gisborne it is then.... (hopefully). How's everything going your end? Any further ahead yet?

Hi Phill,

It's Sharon here...how confusing must this be!!! We've been granted PR, exchanged contracts on the house sale and move into rental house in a couple of weeks and are getting ready to leave in September. It's all getting so REAL now and bloody scary :icon_eek: icon_exclaim.gif . I've come to terms with the fact that we're now going to feel dispossessed for at least the next year. Don't think I'll be really settled there until we've bought a house, but maybe that's a British thing?. I guess if it was easy everyone would be off!

Buckle up for a bumpy ride! I'm sure it's all worth it tho....don't want to be old here. I'm off to the sun :icon_cool:

Hiya Sharon it's Sharon - now [u:12ce4bd161]that's[/u:12ce4bd161] confusing!!!!!

Where are you going to? Have you decided yet? We're in two minds now - Napier area or Christchurch area we think. Gave up on Gisborne - no jobs or houses to rent!!!

It's taking toooooooooo long!!!!!!!!

Sharon :icon_frown:

idkpmiller is offline Junior Member

@ NW2NZ. "don't want to be old here. I'm off to the sun "

I hope you are not going to be too disappointed NZ isnt really a sunny climate, little more temperate than UK but not by much! IMO

Hi Idkpmiller,

Trust me, speaking as someone born and bred in the grey North West of UK, it wouldn't take much to be sunn[i:4359f78b45]ier[/i:4359f78b45] than here! I've checked the temps and, where we're heading, it didn't drop below 20degrees for five months! Give me a summer when it's due and I'll be happy! :icon_cool:

Hi Phill & Sharon,

We're headed for Tauranga and are 99% certain that's where we'll settle, although we do intend to have a mooch around other areas, cos Tauranga's house prices are high. Bigger population = more jobs, or so we're hoping!

How's your application going? Any news yet?

From Sharon & Phill :icon_lol:

No news yet but we have had a call from a company in New Zealand offering Phill some work if he can go out next month!!! I think that's a bit soon to get organised so we're not sure what to do yet!

Sharon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast