Thread: More EOI worries (Mandatory information?)

Coxy is offline Member

Default More EOI worries (Mandatory information?)

OK, so I've submitted my EOI now, but after having read some more forum posts I am worried it's just going to be sent straight back.
    When I filled in the online EOI we couldn't find my wife's birth certificate, but the field wasn't "madatory" so I didn't worry about it. Now I keep reading that you HAVE to supply birth certificates etc (even though a passport should supercede it).
    Will my EOI get bounced because I didn't put any details down about my wife's cert?

Similarly with Tax Number (not even sure what that is. Nothing I have from the tax office has any other number than our NI numbers), I left that blank too as it wasn't down as mandatory either.

Coxy

phill is offline Junior Member

Default Birth certificate

If you can't find a birth certificate just go on the Birth, Deaths and Marriages government website and put in all the information about your wife, pay them ?11.50 and they will send you a copy.

I didn't put any tax numbers on my EOI either ( also didn't have a clue what it was or where to look!) and we got selected straight away - so I don't think that matters too much.

Good luck with it all.

Coxy is offline Member

Thanks Phil,
    I can rest a bit easier now. I was going to get the full birth certificates later for including with the ITA, but then had a sudden panic after reading the paper version of the EOI which says you have to fill in all fields.
    I wish they would harmonise the online and paper versions of the EOI. Very confusing for a dummy like me!

Coxy

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

Same here, I didnt fill in the tax info, and we were selected.

The problem with the online and paper EOIs differing is that its free to update the website but costs a bomb to make changes with the paper version, so the paper version is a little out-dated.

Rule of thumb: if the online EOI lets you do it, then it must be ok! It wouldnt have allowed you to submit your EOI if it wasnt complete.
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

sherinem is offline Junior Member

Default More EOI worries

Hi Taffy,

Found this website through another forum and I think it is great here.

Was selected from the pool on 30 March 2005 and still waiting for ITA!! :icon_confused:

In the meantime, I have been writting to my previous employers, asking them for assistance in getting certified true copies of appointment letters or reference letters stating my start and resignation date (since i lost most of them whilst moving to our new apartment).

This is what I am worried about. I gave guesstimates dates of employment for my previous work experience (they werent exact dates of start/resignation) as i didnt have the papers with me when i filled in the EOI. (Eg. Company ABC, based on EOI submitted were: start date and resignation were 1st May 1998 and 31 August 2000 respectively but the exact dates based on the reference letter from the company was : 4th May 1998 and 28th July 1998).

Do you think they will decline my application if i made these errors?? I think i gave at least 3 companies with guesstimates dates of my last 5 employers! They werent intentional! I am applying for maximum points for work experience.

I am really worried now and would appreciate any feedback...good or bad! :icon_cry:

rgds,
    Sherine

rgds,
    Sherine

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

They may not decline you, but that one example you gave was 2 years shorter than you were actually with them, so you will have points deducted. As long as you dont lose too many points for work experience, I doubt there will be a problem.
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

selchie is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

Take heart, Sherinem.

In our EOI for employment, I guesstimated the start & stop dates, and then noted that they were guesstimates. My thought is that if you got close to the correct date, they won't penalize you for an estimate (I hope).

Our EOI was selected 27 April, and we are still (quite patiently) waiting to hear from them. I was somewhat perplexed that they required a day of the month for employment start & stop dates. Our resumes/CVs didn't contain them, and I doubt either of us still have our pay stubs from so long ago.

After being informed that our EOI was selected, I checked the immigration web site (London office, I believe), which said at that time they were completing the evaluation of the 28 February EOIs. So I figure we have a month or so before they get to ours.

We're also considering going back to NZ, looking for an employer and then applying for a work permit. If they still don't want us, then I suppose we shall have to win the California lottery, and come over as rich bastards.
    If men had wings and bore black feathers, few of them would be clever enough to be crows.
    - Rev. Henry Ward Beecher, mid-1800s

sherinem is offline Junior Member

Hi Taffy and Selchie,

Thank you both for your reply...much appreciated.

I've managed to write to the NZIS last week and they have replied me to fax them to correct dates (based on the letters that I have currently) and they will do the amendments for me. What a relieve! phew!! :icon_razz: Between our guesstimates weren't far off....a difference of a few days...the longest probably about 1 month.

Selchie,
    We too are still patiently waiting for our ITA. I think yours will be there in no time since it is being processed by the London office. Ours are with the Bangkok Branch and the last time i checked, they will only allocate our file to a case officer in September!! Not to mention the recent boo boo surrounding the branch, we might get delayed further.

Regards,
    Sherine