Thread: Submit application in Christchurch or in London

Sara is offline Junior Member

Default Submit application in Christchurch or in London

er.. this is my question. I am still waiting for a few more docs to be returned to me before I can put my pack together and then send it to Immigration. but what should I do? Send it in at NZ house in London (this is where I live) together with my passport and then wait for their verdict or once I have all my stuff together, take the whole pack with me and submit in Chrischurch and wait for the verdict WHILST I am in NZ already? if you haven't sussed it out already, I am rather keen to go... like everyone else on this forum I guess... Anyone having the same thoughts out there? or anyone with experience in this kind of stuff? I have asked my assigned officer in Christchurch and she seems to think it would take longer if I went to NZ House in London. But did not offer explanations as to why. Any help? thanks :icon_confused:

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

Hi,

If your case is being dealt with by Chrischurch, then submitting your application whilst already there will speed things up a bit. Our application is speeding through - From EOI submission to receiving ITA took 19 days! I dont know the reason why things are quicker from NZ, but anyone I've heard of submitting from within has had a speedier response.

A few reasons could be:

No postal delays for international post.

Priority given to people in NZ as you're here and you need to get it sorted asap to start your life!

Easier to communicate with NZIS as you are awake while they are working :icon_biggrin:

Thats my thoughts anyway!
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

Sara is offline Junior Member

Thank you Taffy, I think that it's the route I will take, if anything it means that I can be in NZ even sooner than I hoped, which is all good! :icon_mrgreen: